Next www.next.co.uk Review

AWG's review of Next www.next.co.uk

☆☆☆☆☆

“Next have sent my 19 year old son a totally...”

Written on: 22/11/2004 by AWG (48 reviews written)

None whatsoever.

Please read review text.

General Comments
Next have sent my 19 year old son a totally unsolicited catalogue, followed by a totally unsolicited bill for the catalogue for £3.50. The bill states "Ordered Goods" Nov. 15, AW/04. Number M99999 D.

We have checked very carefully with our son, who incidentally either buys clothes through our Argos Additions Catalogue, or high street small retailers.

This is totally unacceptable, and probably contravenes the Trading Standards Sale of Goods Act.

We phoned the Company up and a telephone service operator did apologise for this, and said the spurious account would be deleted.

However the "present balance" of £3.50 is due on December 08, 2004, so we shall wait and see whether the service operator has in fact cancelled the account or further demands occur.

As a regular user and contributor to The Review Centre I undertake to return to this review and keep all readers up to date.

Once again though it is totally unceptable that anyone, let alone either a young person (or elderly person), who may be vulnerable to the demands of a spurious bill and Bank Giro Credit form, should receive this.

• £0.00

• Still waiting

Stogher's Response to AWG's Review

Written on: 04/04/2005

Are you sure your son was not trying to win the Peugeot 206CC? See the offer attached below!
<br>
<br>"Request your copy of the new Spring Summer 2005 Next Directory and you could win a Peugeot 206cc.
<br>
<br>Prize draw terms and conditions apply.
<br>Your Application
<br>
<br>A Next Directory Account will be set up so you have the option of paying off the amount in full or spreading your payments. Please enter your personal details and we will confirm that a Directory will be sent to you, together with your customer account number so you can start shopping on-line. A £3.50 charge will be invoiced at a later date. Next will not share your information with companies outside of Next for marketing purposes. Please refer to our Security & Privacy Policy for further details.
<br> <br>* I have read and agree to the Next Terms and Conditions.
<br> <br> I understand that they include important information relating to how Next will use my details including searches with credit reference agencies. The Next Directory costs £3.50.
<br>ACCEPT"

341875_Aam1's Response to AWG's Review

Written on: 31/01/2008

This has also happened to my disabled father, 3 times he has received the catalogue. I have had to call Next, and they have cancelled.
<br/>
<br/>Any ideas what can be done to stop this??

Pinksheep's Response to AWG's Review

Written on: 07/12/2006

If it helps to add weight to AWG's review - I can confirm that Next did this to me also.
<br/>
<br/>They obtained my address for unrelated purposes and I received a catalogue a couple of weeks later, with an invoice for £3.50, also relating to 'Ordered Goods'.
<br/>
<br/>I called them, and though the operator also asked a similar question to the above poster, i.e. had I entered any in-store promotional competitions, they were very quick to accept the mistake and close the account. They merely asked me to leave the unwanted catalogue outside my house for pick-up and that would be the end of it. And it was, thankfully!

Awg's Response to AWG's Review

Written on: 25/04/2005

Well, I promised to return didn't I? It is now end of April 2005 and nothing further heard from Next.
<br>
<br>Wanted to win a car? No, we gave our son a very nice Suzuki Vitara for his 19th Birthday so no desire to win a small Peugeot hatchback. Good comment though!