Planet Dog Orbee Bone (Large) Review

agchandvm's review of Planet Dog Orbee Bone (Large)

☆☆☆☆☆

“I bought the large Orbee Bone for my 5mth old Labrador...”

Written on: 01/11/2004 by agchandvm (1 review written)

The peppermint-flavoured rubber is very appealing to the dog. It also has the potential to keep the doggy breath under control.

Even though it is supposed to be made of the same material as the Orbee Ball, it is definitely not durable like the Orbee Ball. (see review)

General Comments
I bought the large Orbee Bone for my 5mth old Labrador Retriever puppy because he loved his Orbee Ball and the latter was holding up extremely well. However, after the pup chewed on the new Orbee bone for less than 10 minutes, I noticed the rubber starting to peel off and small bits were chewed off.

I brought the bone and the receipt back to the store and exchanged for a new one, thinking that it might have been a one-off manufacture defect. Meanwhile, I e-mailed Planet Dog customer service to inform them about the situation. Within 10 minutes of the pup chewing on the new bone, the same thing happed again - the rubber was peeling off in layers.

I informed Planet Dog again and was told that even though the Orbee bone is supposed to be extremely durable, there are some dogs which could destroy it.

I was very disappointed with the outcome since my pup really loved it. However, for safety reason, we had to take the bone away from him. On the other hand, the Orbee ball is still holding up very well!

I believe that the Orbee Bone is really only suitable for medium chewers but not for large breed, avid chewers. Even though I had a disappointing experience with the Orbee Bone, I will still recommend this product to the appropriate pet.