Phones 4U - www.phones4u.co.uk Review

TurtleT's review of Phones 4U - www.phones4u.co.uk

☆☆☆☆☆

“I tried to get connected to a network and asked them...”

Written on: 30/10/2004 by TurtleT (1 review written)

Extremely poor staff training, customer service, lack of staff and staff are lack of mobile phone knowledge.

General Comments
I tried to get connected to a network and asked them to recommend one (I currently already have a vodafone and T-mobile). The sales lady did not know fully about different networks and aware of any special offers! After consulting with her boss, she disappeared to the store room for 10 minutes and returned with a new phone and sim card! She basically repeated what her boss said about O2 should be good for me. She did not in fact discuss about the difference between any networks, why O2 was good for me...etc.

I wasted the inital 5 minutes joining the queue to be served, 5 minutes explaining to the staff who can't really speak English, 10 minutes filling in a form which (she fills it in) meanwhile she was chatting with someone else, and then about 1 minutes chatting with her boss about my package, 10 minutes in the store room. I was not impressed with the fact that I was "Given" a network without being explainied what I was getting myself into. Other customers were complaining about it takes more than an hour to get a mobile connected. Some other staff (including the one who served me) was yawning all the time. It's like a cowboy phone shop!!!

Kerrismith's Response to TurtleT's Review

Written on: 08/12/2004

I work for Singlepoint, and you are correct in saying that Phones 4U are a bunch of cowboys... why do you think we are now a part of the vodafone group!
<br>Although I do think you are being slightly discriminative regarding staff who "Dont speak English".
<br>In case you hadn't noticed we are living in 2004...

Kep80's Response to TurtleT's Review

Written on: 18/09/2006

Oh, enough of the O.T.T. political correctness please! If I go into a shop of an English speaking country, I&#039;d quite rightly expect sales/shop assistants who can speak English. Staff of different nationalities- fine by me, but it&#039;s no good if they can&#039;t be understood by the customers.
<br/>You woudn&#039;t expect to get a job in a French phone shop if you couldn&#039;t speak a word of the language would you?

Stunt Gerbil's Response to TurtleT's Review

Written on: 13/12/2004

I think it's a justified complaint to expect shop staff to be able to communicate coherently with thier customers no matter where they are from.