Webley Spectre Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

adambarker's review of Webley Spectre

“I got the Webley Spectre about 3/4 weeks ago, got a...”

Written on: 17/10/2004 by adambarker (1 review written)

Powerful, extremely accurate, user friendly, Smooth cocking,and looks awesome.

There's a small rattle inside the cocking mechanism which doesn't affect anything on the gun, just quite annoying, I think I must have dropped it at some point.

General Comments
I got the Webley Spectre about 3/4 weeks ago, got a Zero Option 3-9 X 40 illuminated mil dot scope with it. When I got it home I put a few targets out at the end of my garden and stood at the back of my living room so it's about a 30 yards range. Took 8 shots (a whole clip) to Zero the scope, and after that, the gun hits anything you aim it at.

I wonder what people talk about when they ask me what the grouping is like.

Well put it this way , at 20 yards I can send the pellet through the previous pellet hole ,at 30 yards I can do the same and at 40 yards I can still penetrate the same whole :) and at 65 yards I can kill a crow out-right, and choose the spot on his body/head I want to hit.

The main feature that gives this gun its incredible accuracy is that it has a floating barrel which basically means there is a slight amount of play toward the end of barrel. Zero recoil which both remove most shake and wobble.

The two stage trigger isn't quite a two-stage trigger without great adjustments, it is more of a hair trigger, which also illuminates any shake or wobble upon 'touching' the trigger.

When I first saw this gun without the scope, I couldn't quite figure out whether it was more of a 'tactical' weapon, a sniper rifle, or a specialized biathalon rifle/carbine. After putting the scope on, it really shows off what it really is. In Black this gun looks like an authentic sniper, in beech it looks pretty cool and in walnut it has amazing engraved patterns which make the gun looks more like an old western.

The cocking system is smooth and fast, I've fired over 5000 pellets and it hasn't jammed yet. Just don't load it twice.

On average I get around 1 shot per Bar (200 bar) but after about 100 Bar, you can really notice a huge lack of accuracy and power. So about 100 useful shots.

With a black stock the gun is quite resistant to most scuffs and scrapes and is a lot lighter than the other style stocks.

So as you probably gathered the gun is great, and well worth the money. Whether you are a beginner or a professional, anyone will appreciate this gun.

• Accuracy

• Handling

426514_Blog1's Response to adambarker's Review

Written on: 20/12/2008

The rattle referred to above is not a fault, I forget the exact ins and outs of it but it s part of a design feature that results in more consistent power output