HP PhotoSmart 318 Review

• Image Quality

jonnie duncan.'s review of HP PhotoSmart 318

“The case on the HP photoSmart 318 is plastic and...”

Written on: 12/11/2002 by jonnie duncan. (1 review written)

Compact and relatively easy to use Support is very good (I am on my third replacement camera)

Weak plastic case. Under exposure. Battery life.

General Comments
The case on the HP photoSmart 318 is plastic and fragile. A metal case would be so much better.
The camera tends to underexpose. It is difficult to force any form of over-ride of the exposure. If you set the exposure to a darker object, the focus also locks - normally wrong.
No matter which ones you buy, the batteries run out far too soon. (I know a cheat for this if anyone's interested)

• Image Quality

Tyegal.'s Response to jonnie duncan.'s Review

Written on: 06/12/2002

Can we get your battery saving "cheat?"
Thanks!

Jonnie Duncan's Response to jonnie duncan.'s Review

Written on: 04/12/2003

Hi
<br>Its so long since I replaced the camera, I don't know that I can remember it fully.
<br>What I used to do was, as I switched the camera on, select the little 'no flash' symbol so the flash system doesn't charge itself.
<br>Of course, this only works when you do not plan to use the flash!
<br>This added some hours to my battery life.
<br>I hope this helps
<br>Jonnie

Jenny Snow's Response to jonnie duncan.'s Review

Written on: 04/12/2003

JONNIE I WOULD LIKE YOUR SECRET TO A LONGER BATTERY LIFE.

57810_Lynne.'s Response to jonnie duncan.'s Review

Written on: 13/12/2002

I agree with the reviewer regarding a much needed case for the camera (mine didn't come with a case). Would love to know the cheat for extended battery life.