Gamo P-800 Review

Phil003's review of Gamo P-800

“Bought my Gamo P-800 as a try-out gun to see if I'd...”

Written on: 14/10/2004 by Phil003 (1 review written)

Value for money, especialy when bought as a shooting set with pellet trap, targets & 250 pellets

Barell seems to be on right side of gun, rear sight.

General Comments
Bought my Gamo P-800 as a try-out gun to see if I'd enjoy air gunning as much as I did when I was in my teens. It has certainly re-kindled my interest. It's very well built but the barrel seems to be off centre so the rear sight is turned quite far to the right to compensate. Also rear sight not adjustable for elevation, ok at 10 meters but start having to guess a bit for longer ranges. Another problem is the sight moves by it's self due to recoil so after 20 -30 rounds you have to re-adjust. I've read that some people use a p800 to shot live quarry DON'T! It's not that powerful, I've had rebounds from a plastic drinks bottle so wouldn't be very humane on wildlife. Overall a brill little gun especially for so little cash, it has a few niggles but it gives the gun a bit of character.