Logitech X-220 Review

• Sound Quality

• Ease of Set Up

Calenst's review of Logitech X-220

Logitech X-220

“I got these speakers to replace my ancient Altec...”

Written on: 08/10/2004 by Calenst (1 review written)

Awesome high range, kick'n subwoofer.

Only mid to high range satilites, lack of treble/bass control on hardware.

General Comments
I got these speakers to replace my ancient Altec Lansing ACS-295's. I was about to throw them out for these new ones but decided to compare them. To my surprise my old ancient speakers won, but only by a small margin. The only complaint I had about the Logitec's was the fact that their satilites don't have the bass power my old, larger, satilites could produce. Thus a majority of the bass came from the subwoofer, as a vibration rather than sound.

Overall though, with anything more high end these speakers were awesome. Vocals come out crystal clear and all midrange is well balanced. The lack of attack in the bass was all that really got to me, and I think I'll stick with my old speakers just because of that.

PS: It would of been nice if there was knobs on the hardware for treble and bass, so the speakers could tweak themselves rather than it having to be software based.

• Ease of Set Up