Generac 5500XL Review

Osco's review of Generac 5500XL

Generac 5500XL - My neighbor got this unit and broke...”

Written on: 04/10/2004 by Osco (1 review written)

Starts quickly every time

Not very quiet

General Comments
Generac 5500XL - My neighbor got this unit and broke it in as directed. He ran his fridge, TV, fan and 2 lights.

His next door neighbor ran the same appliances, also we ran extention cords across the street to my house and I ran TWO refrigerators TWO fans 3 lights and a Big TV with satelite.

The generator ran at mid power most of the time, and when several things started at once it did just fine.

Fuel consumption after break-in with this load was better than advertised. We got 10 hrs on 4 gallons. Power came back after 44 hours and I saved 200.00 in food. The three of us split the fuel cost. As soon as I can I will buy one of my own so I can add a window A/C.

I give this unit my best recomendation.

Grahamisted's Response to 172891_Osco's Review

Written on: 10/01/2012

Of course you were able to supply all that, but give it time. You were just one of the lucky ones.