Air Arms 410E Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

Nutria Nut.'s review of Air Arms 410E

“I'm going to use this gun to shoot the millions of...”

Written on: 10/11/2002 by Nutria Nut. (1 review written)

light powerful quiet 10 shot Repeater Nice crisp trigger pull Holds 30 shots of air Cheapest high power PCP I could find

no safety wood grain is just OK (shape is nice) only one mag comes with gun - spares are expensive

General Comments
I'm going to use this gun to shoot the millions of nutria I have on my place. They are big overgrown rats that are destroying Florida!
This gun make and model was recommended to me by a airgun nut buddy and for $549 on sale it's a good price. I put on my Leopold scope off my .270 deer rifle and away we go. Can't get anything else with this much power and quiet for any less. Wow is it accurate and packs a punch! - I've already taken out more in the last 2 weeks than the state boys have in 5 years.

• Accuracy

• Handling

51866_Nutria Nut.'s Response to 49741_Nutria Nut.'s Review

Written on: 19/11/2002

I've been shooting RWS Superdomes and I think I they are not good in my gun out to 50-60 yds. I just got some slightly heavier pellets from JSB Exact company in .22 domes and they are much more accurate. I can tell just from shooting at cans. Thought I'd pass this along.

57406_Nutria Nuts.'s Response to 49741_Nutria Nut.'s Review

Written on: 12/12/2002

Well, I've been busy shooting everyday and I don't think I'm every going to slow these vermin down. We haven't had an outside garden or flowers of any kind in 3 years. I think even my wife might get into this. They broke into her enclosed greenhouse and now she's fighting mad. I was joking about getting her a 410 carbine for Christmas and she snarled "how many shots do they hold"?...

54575_Leadzeppelin.'s Response to 49741_Nutria Nut.'s Review

Written on: 29/11/2002

Please tell us more about them there Nutria and how big do they get and just how many are you shooting? Sounds like I've gotta take a trip to Florida!

54443_Nutria Nut.'s Response to 49741_Nutria Nut.'s Review

Written on: 29/11/2002

JSB Domes in .22
I've been noticing on the last hundred or so nutria that I've shot with JSB's that way more than 50% of them have huge exit wounds larger than 1" in diameter blown out the back of their heads or bodies. Like a big chunk of tissue cut out of the exit wound!! I've not seen this even with the Beeman Crow Magum pellets that I've read so much about and pay dearly for! The JSB's are very soft cause they dent easily in the tins so I put them in my neoprene salt water flyreel covers to protect them. They must deform and mushroom alot on impact to blow those big holes out the back.
The RWS Superdomes were soft too but I never saw exit wounds like that from any kill and the accuracy was not very good either.

52392_Orca1.'s Response to 49741_Nutria Nut.'s Review

Written on: 21/11/2002

My 410E doesn't shoot the RWS Domes well even at low power but my son's 410 Classic does much better at low power with the RWS pellets. I bought a tin of Domes, Super Hollow points and Hobbies but found that they are not good at all in grouping at 50 yds. Crosman Premiers are the best that I've found for the 410 Classic and JSB Domes are the best for my 410E turned down to 900 fps. You should try some JSB Exacts for those nasty Nutria. I'd love to take a few shots at those critters! Let us know if you need help thinning them out! I could use a nice warm vacation without rain right now.