Falcon FN19 Raptor Mk2 Skelton. Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

Hot Shot S200's review of Falcon FN19 Raptor Mk2 Skelton.

“I have an FN19 raptor, this gun is fantastic to look...”

Written on: 24/09/2004 by Hot Shot S200 (5 reviews written)

Good looking and shot freindly, excelent skeleton stock and quality build

pellet fussy

General Comments
I have an FN19 raptor, this gun is fantastic to look at and shoots well but is very pellet fussy, liking only pointed pellets, this is not good as I prefer Air Arms Field. I need advice on best pellet type for this gun can you help.

I just hope that I have not bought a bad one.

• Accuracy

• Handling

Scott808's Response to Hot Shot S200's Review

Written on: 22/12/2004

I don't recommend using Crosman or Bisley pellets with your falcon rifle. The Crosman pellets have a flat back that does not work with the bolt, and get pushed in to the breach on funny angles. Bisley field pellets also seem to be to short for the magazine, so also move around a lot when you push them into the breach.
<br>
<br>I'm guessing the problem is to do with precharged rifles using a bolt action, rather than it being due to the design of the bolt on the raptor.
<br>
<br>I'm currently using air arms hunters in mine.

Deker's Response to Hot Shot S200's Review

Written on: 12/01/2005

Glad you have sorted your pellet problem because I always use Air Arms Field and find they are the best suited pellet for it. The A.A. Hunter is ok but definately not as accurate. Bisley Magnum is good in the magazine and loads well but is a bit heavy in the standard 12ft lb. Powerpels and accupels fire well but not great in the magazine or loading. Do I take it you are now happy with the rifle?

Hot Shot S200's Response to Hot Shot S200's Review

Written on: 23/12/2004

Thanks for the advise, but I found out that at sometime the breach seal had been expelled from the gun. This small item allows the bolt to seal properly and also allows the pellet to seat without catching on its way in. Falcon kindly sent me some replacements and the gun now shoots fine and is not pellet fussy as I thought.