Italia Nostra, Norwich Review

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Andrew002's review of Italia Nostra, Norwich

“My girlfriend and I arrived at Italia Nostra on a...”

Written on: 23/09/2004 by Andrew002 (3 reviews written)

None.

Food.
Drink.

General Comments
My girlfriend and I arrived at Italia Nostra on a quite weekday evening to an empty restaurant. They didn't have the lights on in half the restaurant, and promptly sat us down right next to the 'pitch black' area. I ordered a bottle of white wine which arrived immediately, but when we drank it we found that it was unfortunately at room temperature. When I asked for a cold one they said they didn't have one. I then asked if they had an ice bucket - but they didn't have any ice. Warm white wine with a bottle of warm water - not the best start in the world. The young waitress didn't think that any of this was a problem, but hey, so long as she was happy!!

We ordered our food. After about 20 minutes we heard an almighty crash from the kitchen. We guessed that was our starters on the floor. After another 20 minutes the starters arrived. Both dishes were bland to say the least, but we ate what we could and looked on the bright side - surely things could only get better.

The main courses arrived but were awful. Mine was actually cold, not even lukewarm. My partner's tasted of nothing. I had to try it a couple more times just to reassure myself that food can actually taste of nothing.

We asked for the bill straight away - making an excuse that we needed to rush off to the theatre as we were running late.

We certainly won't be rushing back.

• £5-10

Average cost per head

• First time

How often do you eat here?

• Suits all