La Redoute www.redoute.co.uk Review

kazcita's review of La Redoute www.redoute.co.uk

“In short, DO NOT BUY from La Redoute. I have never...”

Written on: 21/09/2004 by kazcita (1 review written)

Er...the clothes looked nice in the catalogue. Seems like OK value at first.

Customer service, returns policy, quality of clothes, customer service, overcharging, customer service

General Comments
In short, DO NOT BUY from La Redoute. I have never had a worse experience in my life with so-called customer services representatives. They were consistently unhelpful, and when they (or the postal service) lost my cheque, they tried to charge me money on interest. Upon writing to them, I enclosed proof that I had sent the said cheque, yet they are harping on that I didn't pay them. I have spoken to them, written to them and emailed them, and none of them are prepared to do anything about it. And none of them know about my query specifically, so I am passed round to about 100 people in their call centre before I am brushed off again. I haven't been a wet blanket over it either, I have taken a polite but firm approach. But still nothing is done.

This has been going on for about two months.

Before that, the clothes were delivered much later than expected, and it took ages to actually get speaking to their courier who takes returned items. The clothes I kept are wearable, but the quality is not good for the price and I'm quite sure they'll be unwearable after a few months.

A useless company. Stay away!

• Dress £24, Trousers £30, Top £12 (returned)

• A few weeks late