Sony Ericsson T610 Review

• Reception

• Style

cujodisraeli's review of Sony Ericsson T610

Sony Ericsson T610

“I received the Sony Ericsson T610 as part of my annual...”

Written on: 20/09/2004 by cujodisraeli (3 reviews written)

Good all round features.

slow slow slow.

General Comments
I received the Sony Ericsson T610 as part of my annual bribe from T mobile to stay with them. When I took it out of the box I was trully sucked in by the fact it was a good looking phone and it had a camera.

After a while this wears thin, and you soon realise that you have a great looking phone with below average memory for what it was designed to do and everyone has got one. Quite clearly, it was Sony's attempt to undercut Nokia and gain a bigger place in the market, which I am sure it has done and I am sure that to do this, they cut corners. Hence the T610.

The fact that it has below par memory means that it takes ages to flick between menus and view your contacts and your text messages. With the old Nokia the menus were there when you wanted them and writing a text was quick. Every time I text using my Sony phone it struggles to keep up. I dont even use the camera these days, the novelty wore off and the lens is covered in rubbish. If you want to take a photo you may aswell use a camera. Does everyhting have to be so convenient these days?

Additonally, after about 6 months it started to crash. Don't we have enough computers crashing every second of every day without our phones doing it aswell!!!! There is nothing more annoying than a phone you need to "reboot" when you need to make that phone call.

I have been given an old Nokia phone at work which quite frankly looks like a sex toy. But it does everything I want it to, when I want it to and it doesnt try to be anything other than a phone and this makes me happy.

• Battery Life

• Style

Daneee69's Response to cujodisraeli's Review

Written on: 29/09/2004

Very very true.
<br>I had been using my pay-as-you-go Nokia 3310 for years and decided to go for a contract,.
<br>T-mobile offered me this sexy looking little thing and the advert to boot was equally sexy! So I was hooked.
<br>After I had got over the initial, - oh my god, it holds more than 10 texts and you can add more than one number to a name, Minigolf!, I soon found the thing tiresome - Uber slow, crashes almost once a week and only having the ability to reply to texts from newly entered numbers, as it always says "message failed" if I decide to write them a new message! - Frustrating as.
<br>But I have almost done my time - the contract ends in a month and this boy is getting swapped! - Any recommends?