Minolta Dimage 5 Review

• Image Quality

• Battery Life

MarkInSussex's review of Minolta Dimage 5

“Despite having been back for servicing once - and the...”

Written on: 17/09/2004 by MarkInSussex (1 review written)

Weight and features, macro, controls.

Poor focussing
Colour rendering
Picture quality
Flash card compatibility
Battery life
Very slow to save pictures to flash card - repeat pictures test the patience of a saint.
After sales service is attrocious

General Comments
Despite having been back for servicing once - and the latest quote of £158 will not persuade me to throw any more money at Minolta - the camera has always failed to perform to my expectations.

The battery life is poor, it doesn't support large flash cards and worst of all its focussing on distant objects (more than a few feet!) is terrible. The only good photographs I have achieved with this camera are macro shots in good sunshine. Reds are bad in nearly all photographs. I get better results with my point and shoot Kodak DC340!

In raw mode all images have a green cast leading me to suspect something is wrong with the CCD or software.

The after sales support is atrocious - the only option available is to send the camera back for a £158 standard fee (which could increase depending on what they find).

I will never buy another Minolta camera and would not recommend this camera to my worst enemy!

• Battery Life