Triumph Herald 13/60 Review

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Zebedee's review of Triumph Herald 13/60

“I have owned my 1968 Triumph Herald 13/60 Classic Car...”

Written on: 09/09/2004 by Zebedee (1 review written)

Very cheap insurance. Excellent parts availability. Reliable. Head turner. Easy to work on. Great introduction to the world of classic cars.

Poor braking distance due to having no servo(minor niggle). Could do with a 5th gear (O/D) for motorway running.

General Comments
I have owned my 1968 Triumph Herald 13/60 Classic Car for only 6 months and find it to be the most fun car I have owned so far. I ran a 1500 Spit' for a couple of years and as much as I enjoyed the sports car looks and performance I feel that the Herald has more to offer as an all rounder. Parts are cheap and easy to find and this car is cheaper to run and insure that a mini. I am 25 years old with no no-claims and my insurance is only £180 per year fully comp' and this includes full breakdown cover. This coupled with free road tax, well who can sniff at that?

Having only paid £800 for the car it is the best financial decision I have made yet. to sum up the 13/60 is classy, nippy (for its age and size), cheap to own and a must for anyone who wishes to start out in the world of classic cars or even for the veteran enthusiast.

I will give the car 9/10 over all as there must be a better car out there somewhere but, as yet I have not found it.

• 1968

Year Manufactured