Fox Warrior 2.5 tc Review

JoelBarritt's review of Fox Warrior 2.5 tc

“I got my Fox Warrior about a year ago for £45 as I was...”

Written on: 02/09/2004 by JoelBarritt (5 reviews written)

Value for money
Great through action
Nice look

Some may find the handle to thin.

General Comments
I got my Fox Warrior about a year ago for £45 as I was looking for a good rod to introduce me into carp fishing and I knew Fox were reliable company renown for quality products

so I went fishing

it lost its virginity to a 13lb mirror at my local reservoir which also gave me a chance to test the rod the action is a very nice progressive action which gives you good control over the fish with the tip been doft enough to prevent hook pulls at the net

my 2.5tc version is rated to cast 3 ounce leads but I have cast a method feeder on it weighing at least 4.5 ounces with ease. Some people may not like the x weave handle compared to conventional carp rod handles and find it to thin but personally I prefer it.

here's an interesting fact while I was at the reservoir I got talking to another carp angler using 3 fox warriors which he had recently bought after selling his more expensive fox range marsters. He said he actually found the fox warriors to be a better rod at almost half the price.

My advise is if you are thinking of going out and buying a £100+ carp rod don't first give the fox warrior a look it might surprise you