Sony Ericsson P900 Review

• Reception

• Style

Nickmon's review of Sony Ericsson P900

Sony Ericsson P900

“As the P900 is currently the most expensive mobile on...”

Written on: 29/08/2004 by Nickmon (1 review written)

Connects to PC

Dreadful camera and camcorder
Lack of decent memory
Need to buy additional software
Expensive

General Comments
As the P900 is currently the most expensive mobile on the market I was expected great things from this device; I was sadly dissappointed. I was looking to upgrade from a Panasonic GD87 so whilst I had both devices I was able to compare them. I would go as far as to say that the camera quality on the P900 is the poorest I have seen on any mobile. When taking a picture you are forced to use a tiny box view finder and not the full screen. There are different ambient settings, I noticed that the indoor one gave everything a blue tinge. When lighting is poor you can forget it; it picked up only the faintest outlines, whereas the GD87 took a decent picture. The camcorder was similarly poor quality. There is no slide show option for looking at photos meaning you need to scroll through them manually (is this too much to expect on a smart phone? the XDA 2 has it.) To expand the woefully memory or to enhace the software meant purchasing accessory materials, in addition remember to the already hefty price tag. Tiny keys made texting awkward for me anyway and the stylus was so tiny it was pretty useless. After downloading the Rally game supplied on the CD Rom the memory was full. I returned this phone within a few days. If this is your first camera phone and you are looking for modest PDA functions then you may be happy with this phone. But for a top of the range device it is a total let down and woefully over priced.

• Battery Life

• 02

Reviewers Network