Pure Evoke 2 Review

• Sound Quality

flembalino's review of Pure Evoke 2

Pure Evoke 2

“The Pure Evoke 2 was the first of three DAB radios I...”

Written on: 26/08/2004 by flembalino (2 reviews written)

Easy to use.

Requires a lot of Battery power.

General Comments
The Pure Evoke 2 was the first of three DAB radios I bought (one for home, one for the car and one for personal use). I bought if specifically to plug into my Hi Fi amp and use it as a tuner.

I first of all had to get past the look of it. To me it looked like a kitchen radio. But I soon came to love it. The sound is very smooth and clear which is also carries through to my Hi Fi system into external speakers. It has greatly enhanced my listening to Radio 5, Talksport and Virgin which I used to only get on AM/MW in the past, and Planet Rock radio which I used to get on the Internet. However, it does not, nor does any other DAB radio compare to strong FM radio signals which have a fuller and greater quality sound. So if you listen to your local or national radio signals through FM and are not interested in expanding your choice of stations then don't bother buying this or any other DAB radio until they are the price of normal radios. If however you listen to mostly AM/MW stations or wish to discover new stations that are not normally available through radio then this unit is the best. I read somewhere that we in Britain have one of the worst output signals for DAB. Strong FM is better than DAB so DAB will have to improve to fully compete.

• Sound Quality

• Over 1 Year

Time Digital Radio Owned

Radio Daze's Response to flembalino's Review

Written on: 17/09/2004

I agree with the comments concerning audio quality, DAB v FM.
<br>I own the Evoke 2 also, and though very good, sound is not as good as a good FM radio.