Alan Fletcher, The Art of Looking Sideways Review

jjcon1's review of Alan Fletcher, The Art of Looking Sideways

Alan Fletcher, The Art of Looking Sideways

Alan Fletcher, The Art of Looking Sideways - I was...”

Written on: 26/08/2004 by jjcon1 (1 review written)

533 pages of intriguing design layouts, anecdotes, quotes, and the list goes on and on.

The book is not really a book on "design" as it is more a book on design and everything else. This is by no means a bad thing as I bought the book less than five hours ago and I already feel it may do more for my design than my last term in college.

General Comments
Alan Fletcher, The Art of Looking Sideways - I was shopping at Vroman's earlier today looking for a design book. I picked this one up because it had interesting layouts and 533 pages of them (actually double that as he counts one spread as one page). After I got home and started to skim through the book (which I haven't stopped doing for the last 5 hours and I doubt I have read a 10th of it yet) I was amazed at the degree of intelligence, humor, insight, etc., on every page. This book is easily worth a pound per page and I only paid 40 dollars American for it. A must buy.