Webley Hustler Review

UrkiE UK's review of Webley Hustler

“Webley Hustler: ”

Written on: 20/08/2004 by UrkiE UK (4 reviews written)

Very carefully made, Double skirting, accurate enough.

Too Mallable (sp?).

General Comments
Webley Hustler:

Accuracy is dependant on the few important assets of gunning. One of those assets is the pellet used.

Webley hustlers are the only pellets I've used for a long while, and I must say myself that they are very much adequately refined pellets. Though this is subject to the fact that my Beeman FH500 apparently loves pointed pellets, and I definitely see it. The hustler sits very cleanly in the bore of the barrel as it is broken, and when fired (using the FH500 with webley 4x32) offers quite a fine level of accuracy. However, in my Baikal IZH-38, these pellets seem to be 'stiff' when i'm inserting them into the barrel, and this could be a sign of the Hustler not being universally compatible with all respectably recognised guns. I'm unsure as to whether this 'friction' is affecting accuracy and speed, for I haven't bothered looking into it. But from memory, the Marksman pellets I first had were much cleaner to insert, and from my own judgement seemed to travel faster.

The backing material for my targets is a rather old, thin wooden fence. This wood is by no means very strong, yet the pellets penetrate into the wood by a mere few millimetres. In almost all cases, the tail is still sticking out, and even then, the pellet is often heavily mis-shapen and crushed. BUT, the attribute i'm most looking for is accuracy, not penetration, as I simply plink, never hunt. Judging from the results here, These pellets are really only going to be completely effective against very small animals - rats and mice - but will lack the integrity to carry the power through the flesh of larger animals to make a clean kill.

These pellets are usually only 3 pounds a tin, so I can't expect world class features, but they'll do me for plinking.