Elite ECS K7S5A PRO Review

• Ease of Set Up

BLADE1969's review of Elite ECS K7S5A PRO

☆☆☆☆☆
Elite ECS K7S5A PRO

“I have been building custom computers for about 4...”

Written on: 17/08/2004 by BLADE1969 (1 review written)

I cannot say there is one.

Too long to enumerate!!!

General Comments
I have been building custom computers for about 4 years now, And in January 2004 I came across the Elite ECS K7S5A PRO mainboard. It seemed a good deal for the price 55$ CAD. Problems started in July 2004 when I booted it sometimes detected my hdd sometimes not!!! So I thought it was an IDE problem so I took it back to my vendor to find out after a 95$ inspection to find out I WAS RIGHT (imagine paying 95$ inspection for a 55 $ board) So my vendor tells me that he will sent it back on RMA, but it is gonna take from 4 to 6 weeks. OK that was my first ECS so I gave it a chance I bought another one just like it K7s5a pro. On July 19th !!! Last week I try to boot, the computer says no way Jose it never booted, the thing is, the computer tells me HDD error and won't boot. So I try to format my HDD to reinstall XP PRO, but it won't format in NTFS only in fat 32 and won't install XP on this board. I've had to remove my HDD form the computer and install it in my wife's computer to reinstall XP. I said to myself I've had beaten the computer and I would have a machine with XP Pro. HOW wrong was I when I transferd my HDD in my own computer it booted with this message systemerror/system32/ntdll.dll I have tried my HDD in four different computers event my daughter's AMD K6-2/500 and it works perfectly fine, only not in mine.

So if you think of buying an ECS motherboard, please search for reviews before throwing your money away for this one.

• Ease of Set Up

• 1 - 6 Months

Time Motherboard Owned