Casio Exilim EX S2 Review

• Image Quality

Ihor Staruch.'s review of Casio Exilim EX S2

☆☆☆☆☆
Casio Exilim EX S2

“This is not my first digital camera - I have been...”

Written on: 28/10/2002 by Ihor Staruch. (1 review written)

The smallest digital camera available, but with 2 million pixels.

Does not capture true colors. Bad color balance, impossible to fix on PC: right portrait color causes false background colors. Very difficult-to-use menu toggle.

General Comments
This is not my first digital camera - I have been shooting digital for years - but this camera is a total disappointment. In fact, my example is so bad I suspect it is defective and am taking it back for exchange, but I am so put off that I will exchange it for another make if I can.

Randel.'s Response to Ihor Staruch.'s Review

Written on: 31/10/2002

I just purchased the Casio ES2 and I find the camera absolutely remarkable if you're looking for a very small, point and shoot, or document capture camera. As a professional photographer, I wanted something small to take visual notes and also to simply capture friends and fun. I wanted something also with at least 2 megs of pixels. This is it. Colors are accurate, resolution acceptable, easy to use, elegant. I only wish it had an optical zoom but that is not possible given the credit card size--yet. It's a winner.