Fuji Finepix S304 Review

• Image Quality

• Battery Life

cellinux's review of Fuji Finepix S304

Fuji Finepix S304

“I've been using Fuji FinePix S304 for more than 8...”

Written on: 13/08/2004 by cellinux (2 reviews written)

Great autonomy. Good quality pics in automatic. Beautiful design. Very good flash.

A little bit heavy due to the 4 batteries. Needs drivers to be installed even on XP. No Linux drivers or installation instructions on CD.

General Comments
I've been using Fuji FinePix S304 for more than 8 months now. Did not have any problems with it. Purchasing 4 rechargeables was of great help. I only recharge them once every two weeks. I must admit that I took almost all images in automatic mode, even night pictures. The results have been more than satisfactory. I wonder why the S304 isn't even mentioned on the FujiFilm site. Very easy to setup and use, I've read the manual 3 months after I purchased it, because there was no need for instructions :)

• Battery Life

• 6 - 12 Months

Time Digital Camera Owned

• Image Quality

Specki14's Response to cellinux's Review

Written on: 10/04/2005

The Camera is of good quality but why on earth do you have to reinstall date, time, etc. after replacing batteries or why can't the pictures be on a counter system like SONY????
<br>Lost so many pictures this way..............

Cmmatthews's Response to cellinux's Review

Written on: 06/05/2005

I have a Fuji S304 and after I had owned it for about 9 months or so it started losing settings when the four re-chargeable batteries were replaced. I realised this was a fault and it was returned to Fuji under warranty. Now the clip which closes the door where the memory card is housed has broken and the camera has again been sent back to Fuji, which cost me £15, which I was told would be taken off the cost of repair. I've now been advised that the repair will cost £139.50!! When I queried it with the shop they telephoned Fuji, who said they would get a technician to look at the camera and asked the shop to phone them on Monday afternoon. All I want is the door replaced, not the complete refurnishment they want to do, or do they want to do this because when I get the camera back with a new door something else will go wrong. I've not yet had the camera two years. Has anyone else had the clip on the door break?