Shepherd & Dog, Ipswich Review

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Dan Murphy's review of Shepherd and Dog, Ipswich

☆☆☆☆☆

“I came to Shepherd and Dog in Ipswich with my wife and...”

Written on: 12/08/2004 by Dan Murphy (1 review written)

None.

Unless it was a carvery for vegetarians, this was a joke. If you like decent portions of meat, don't go here.

General Comments
I came to Shepherd and Dog in Ipswich with my wife and children for the carvery on father's day. I was looking forward to it, as I enjoy a good carvery with plenty of meat. We were escorted to a table in a far flung corner, separated from the rest of the restaurant. When we went up for the carvery, a rather grumpy looking chef appeared who went to great pains to slice the meat as thinly as possible. It was literally transparent. We were given two meagre slices each. After being to many other carveries where ample portions are served, this was really pathetic for the price we paid. If you like your meat, give this place a miss. We have been there for a drink several times, but we would never eat there again.

• Over £25

Average cost per head

• First time

How often do you eat here?

• Suits all

Atmosphere

• Quality of service

Shardonnay's Response to Dan Murphy's Review

Written on: 09/01/2006

hmmm... I visited the restaurant and had a lovely meal there it was delicious. The only reason I haven't been back is because, for me it isn't the easiest place to get to!

Neil Franklin's Response to Dan Murphy's Review

Written on: 27/06/2008

I completely agree with Dan's review, myself and my family had a terrible meal at the Shepherd and Dog. I am currently in the process of complaining to their head office as i was with treated with such distain.
<br/>
<br/>The portions are now controlled with an almost militant nature, and a chef who serves is very rude. We simply requested a addition piece of stuffing and were told in no uncertain terms that that was no longer possible. How on earth can you call that a Carvery when 3/4 of your meal is controlled, I felt its more like a soup kitchen.