O2 X1 Review

• Style

Ayla Lake's review of O2 X1

☆☆☆☆☆
O2 X1

“I bought my O2 X1 in January this year, and my...”

Written on: 04/08/2004 by Ayla Lake (3 reviews written)

Looks and feels great!

Poor reception, texting is not easy to do, freezes all the time, stops working if you download anything, battery deteriorates very quickly.

General Comments
I bought my O2 X1 in January this year, and my daughter bought one in March. We have both had our phones repaired 3 times, and exchanged for new ones twice. We have now been given (at no charge) our choice of make and model as we refuse to have another X1. So we now have a Samsung P510 (because it looks and feels similar to the X1, and Samsung is known to be reliable), and a Motorola V80 (teenage daughter - I think it's hideously ugly, but ....).

We had major freezing problems with all the phones, screens going black, not switching off, shutting down in the middle of a conversation, appalling reception and mediocre photos.

We have had to do a complete re-boot of our batteries (ie. run it dead, charge it for 16 hours, run it dead, charge it for 16 hours, run it dead and charge it normally) on 4 occasions, but within a week, it's back to normal, with the battery lasting 24 hours on stand-by, and I do mean stand-by. I deliberately left the phone unused to see.

The Link where we bought them has had so many problems with these phones, they are now recommending to customers that they don't buy them. In fact, their manager is REFUSING to sell them unless a customer insists.

O2 themselves as a service provider are fantastic. No complaints there.

• O2

Reviewers Network