Elite ECS K7S5A PRO Review

• Ease of Set Up

Mitch Gift's review of Elite ECS K7S5A PRO

Elite ECS K7S5A PRO

“I have spent way too many hours trying to get this...”

Written on: 31/07/2004 by Mitch Gift (1 review written)

It looks like a Motherboard that would work? It has afforded me now countless hours brushing up on my troubleshooting skills.

The "BIOS" What a headache! What do I do now? It won't start very often, if at all. Low battery warnings etc. Grief!

General Comments
I have spent way too many hours trying to get this computer to do what it's supposed to do. It won't ever start up reliably.

It doesn't recognize the HDD, or the Video Cards. I'm lucky to get a picture at all. Today it defaulted to an all time low of 766mhz, from a rated 1533mhz XP1800.

I bought this K7S5A Pro at Fryes with the XP1800 processor for an unheard of $79.99 for both! What a deal? Hardly! That is unless you like pulling your hair out for about .50 an hour?

That's money I thought I saved, verses hours spent fighting with my computer? This is the Motherboard from Hell and I can't believe it happened to me! I've been taken! Buy MSI.

• Ease of Set Up

• 6 - 12 Months

Time Motherboard Owned