Air Arms 410E Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

Orca1.'s review of Air Arms 410E

“Wow, this Air Arms 410e gun stands out for its very Hi...”

Written on: 20/10/2002 by Orca1. (1 review written)

o Hi Power - up to 33 ft.lbs
o Adjustable Power - Kodiaks 635 fps - 840 fps (18-33 ft. lbs.)
o 10 removeable shot magazine
o Built-In Shroud
o Very Nice 3-Way Adjustable Trigger
o Butt Plate is adjustable for length
o Lightweight for capacity and power class
o Very comfortable stock/balance

o No Safety or Safe Position like Tarantula
o Only 1 Magazine comes w/gun - Xtras = $45
o Power Adjustment is $60 Xtra

General Comments
Wow, this Air Arms 410e gun stands out for its very Hi Power and accuracy with JSB Exacts, Premiers and Kodiaks. I can't shoot this rifle enough and, though I have many other rifles, this is the one I grab first. I used this gun for 6 months before reading of a $60 power adjustment that one dealers was doing where a hole is drilled into the air flow port, threaded and a grub screw is installed to restrict the flow of the transfer port. The allen screw can then be turned in and out to control the velocity with a 1/16" allen wrench. I was skeptical about this but when I called around and found out that Air Arms employees and the US AA importer had this modification done to several of their personal 410's I decided to give it a try and now would not recommend that anyone buy this rifle without this feature - of course if you don't know about this, "ignorance is bliss" I was OK until I found out about this and its not at all advertised or talked about that I could find. I would suggest that you buy the rifle from the one dealer that provides this service to save in shipping costs which is mentioned in some of the earlier reviews of the 410E. I am not mentioning the dealer name since the site rules request this - it's listed in the other reviews. Best $60 I ever spent.

I shoot paper targets on my 5 acre lot behind my house every night after work with neighbors on either side on low power and they've never heard a single shot.

• Accuracy

• Handling

45258_Orca1.'s Response to 44961_Orca1.'s Review

Written on: 21/10/2002

My son just reminded me that I forgot to mention that we have the Walnut Thumbhole option that has the adjustable butt plate. The Beech standard stock on his 410H does not have this.

94449_Craigvm.'s Response to 44961_Orca1.'s Review

Written on: 03/05/2003

I am surprised to see so many people posting from the Puget Sound area. This web site has helped a great deal in making my decission on my first high powered PCP. Ordered a S400E today.

81118_Kormorant.'s Response to 44961_Orca1.'s Review

Written on: 19/03/2003

James, Orca1 and Dano have been called to active duty abroad and I don't know when they'll be back. FYI

80448_James.'s Response to 44961_Orca1.'s Review

Written on: 16/03/2003

Hi fellow airgunner from the Northwest.
<br>
<br>I am fairly new to airgun. I just found out that there are not very many of us airgunners. Wondering if any of you can give me a hand to get started? Please
<br>e-mail me Pacific_man1@hotmail.com
<br>Thanks
<br>James

65917_Dano.'s Response to 44961_Orca1.'s Review

Written on: 17/01/2003

I've continued the racoon vigil almost everynight since owning the gun. I've since bought a used scuba tank and setup which helps but I'm filling the tank once a week or more occaisionally having to pump by hand. I don't even want to mention how many Raccons I've taken with this nightscope/410E combo but it's the most fun I've had in years. I can't go to bed unless I make a few sweeps off the upper deck for prowling racoons. I literally think there are thousands in my area and possums as well. I still see at least 1-3 every night so I don't think I'm having an effect on the numbers at all. Great rifle so far!!

62155_Dano.'s Response to 44961_Orca1.'s Review

Written on: 02/01/2003

Thanks for all the comments on the 410E. I've been researching this gun for 6 months and after hitting all the airgun sites, and all the posts here on this site I just got my new gun for Christmas and have already bagged over twenty racoons since Xmas eve. It's hard to get any sleep cause I'm stalking the deck that overlooks the back yard all night looking for targets. Its easier when someone from down the road a ways recommends the product you are interested in. I've got a thousand racoons running around my yard at night and I've got my IR scope, 410E and JSB Exacts ready for them now! Thanks again guys!
<br>
<br>PS. so far my magazines are fine, no cracking or breaking or rattling inside the gun - I've shot about 5 tins of pellets since I got the gun last week. I think I'll buy a carbon fiber tank next. My hand pump is going to wear out or maybe my back will wear out first.

56331_Gb.'s Response to 44961_Orca1.'s Review

Written on: 07/12/2002

Orca, bought the .22 410E and a Sightron 4-24x with mildots from Steve, it will be delivered to Alaska and be there when I arrive. I won't be back to the lower 48 for another 13 months. Got the power mod add on and about 50 tins of assorted Daystate and Beeman pellets - that should last me through the winter/spring. See ya all Jan 2004. Thanks for the good advice - I hope to have some good stories.

49739_G. Beuchame.'s Response to 44961_Orca1.'s Review

Written on: 10/11/2002

Orca1, I enjoyed your review and it opened up alot of things to think about. I was about to make the phone call to buy this gun from an online dealer in a few days but found this page and now I've got some things to think about. I work up in Alaska and one of the construction foremen has an 18 year old kid who has one of these $1000 bb gun setups with a scuba tank and I knew I had to have one as soon as I shot it. So I did some searching. Looks like I'm not done doing my homework yet. I chose the 410E for my starter gun and the adjustable power moderating makes this even a better choice. I like the fact that the dealer is west coast since my last custom rifle stock that I had shipped from back east came in little peices thanks to UPS.