Soreen Fruity Malt Loaf Review

Gill S's review of Soreen Fruity Malt Loaf

Soreen Fruity Malt Loaf

“I moved to Australia where you can not buy Soreen Malt...”

Written on: 26/07/2004 by Gill S (1 review written)

It is rich in malt, has loads of fruit and is soft and chewy to eat. Yum.

I can never get enough of it.

General Comments
I moved to Australia where you can not buy Soreen Malt Loaf. I have to wait years for a trip back home. Soreen WHEN are you going to come to Oz with your Malt Loaf?????

Avi1948's Response to Gill S's Review

Written on: 02/10/2004

I agree, as an expat I really miss my malt loaf. I have searched the net for recipes and there are a host of them including one by Delia Smith but they're not a patch on the real thing...bring it on please !!

Gill S's Response to Gill S's Review

Written on: 28/08/2012

wow, 2004 I wrote that.... I can get Soreen malt loaf in Coles now :) thanks Soreen/Coles... about $4 a loaf and on special now and again. Still can't help buying about 3 or 4 of them just in case I don't see them again :)

426671_Watson D's Response to Gill S's Review

Written on: 21/12/2008

Found 'Soreen' - malt loaf in Birkdale (English Shop), a bit expensive at $7.50 when it only costs £1.20 back home.
<br/>But this stuff is really good - so come on - is there anyone in Oz that can get this malt loaf and sell it at a respectable price?

Mozo's Response to Gill S's Review

Written on: 02/05/2006

Rider to my first post...Soreen has great flavour but on reflection, it's a tad too chewy. Seem to recall that earlier production, ex Hovis, (?), was more of a regular bread consistency...Nonetheless, a delicious munchy, especially with cream cheese> I'm raiding my piggy bank now for another loaf!

Mozo's Response to Gill S's Review

Written on: 01/05/2006

Now available in Oz from English sweet shop in Manly, NSW...Quite delicious, but too dear for 400 gram loaf (?) @ AU$ 5.25.
I realise that Oz is a long way from UK, but it's not sent airfreight, surely?
I would buy it often , but my bank manager might object. :)

211772_Pat King's Response to Gill S's Review

Written on: 28/09/2005

Last weekend I was in the Mall in Windsor (NSW) and the English Lolley shop there had Soreen Malt Loaf price $5.75 as well as cornish wafers and other goodies. I have also seen it in Perth.

Phe99's Response to Gill S's Review

Written on: 24/08/2005

For all you poor expats, you can order all your English goodies online from http://www.britishcornershop.co.uk/ I have checked and the *even* deliver to Australia! Enjoy!