Yuko Japanese Hair Straightening Review

buffanisa's review of Yuko Japanese Hair Straightening

☆☆☆☆☆
Yuko Japanese Hair Straightening

“Japanese Hair Straightening - I've always had frizzy...”

Written on: 22/07/2004 by buffanisa (1 review written)

Less curly

Expensive
didn't work
Took years to grow out
Was left back at square one

General Comments
Japanese Hair Straightening - I've always had frizzy curly hair, so for years I was on the hunt for a miracle to come and rescue it. After seeing the likes of Jennifer Aniston I investigated and came across a revoloutionary treatment that makes hair straight and flat like an ironing board. After months of thinking about it I came across a number in a magazine which had listings of salons that carry out the treatment. I called up and was given the number which was closer to my region. even that was an hour away and I called up and arranged an appointment, after arriving at the home salon which was really a flat I was shown a video on the process. It was half hour long but I was shown 2 minutes, anyway the treatment began. Five hours of washing, ironing and adding proteins and my hair was so straight. Great, I thought as I went home after paying £180. I was told not to wash or tie it back for 3 days so I followed the rules. after 3 days I washed it and noticed it was slightly wavy. I had an amazingly obvious curl which he had missed out. So I thought I'd blow dry it as he told me to. I was told even natural drying would keep it flat, boy was I in for a shock. After blowdrying it was almost straight but so so frizzy looked like id been hit by an electric shock. I began to cry so much money, time effort. I called the guy who did it and he said it was due to my hair being dry and damaged that he used a mild version! I was enraged how he could try to blame me when he was the professional who made all the promises. Anyway it took ,me two years to grow it out, it was a disaster. My hair was not curly nor straight or even wavy, just frizzy and even more dry. I wouldn't recommend it. Girls stick to curly hair or hair straighteners! Waste of time, money and it shatters your hopes.

166652_Ev's Response to buffanisa's Review

Written on: 20/08/2004

I disagree this was the best the guy who did it to you did not do his job correctly so its his fault not the product ...I have done it twice and I love it I recommended my sister and cousins and friends they love it. I think you should have tried a better salon

Maryann1804's Response to buffanisa's Review

Written on: 18/05/2007

I could not agree with this review any more. I had the Japanese Hair Straightening procedure done two years ago, and it was one of the worst things I have ever done. I had beautiful, natural, spiral like perm hair. I craved the idea of having sleek, shiny, straight hair though. This KILLED my hair. I wound up going from below shoulder length hair to a chin length bob. My hair felt and looked like straw, and I had to cut it ALL off and start all over again. No conditioner or hair treatment in the world was going to repair the damage on my hair. It was a very COSTLY and emotional mistake on my part. Do not listen to all the hype and the broken promises you will be told by these people that perform this procedure. My hair is finally in decent shape and is growing again. Now if I want it straight I use a flat iron, which is so much better. To all the girl's out there that are thinking about doing this, DON'T!

Miamiheat's Response to buffanisa's Review

Written on: 07/01/2005

I feel your frustration and anger because you trusted someone who was in the "so-called" beauty business promising great results, I see that this guy treated you with utter disrespect. I know I would be furious, waiting for new hair growth can take months.
<br>However here are a few signs to be suspicious about beforehand: someone operating a hair salon from his flat, RUN unless he is your brother.
<br>This is someone who can leave his flat overnight and disappear and nobody will ever hear from him ever again, change his name, anything is possible and these guys know it.
<br> Leaving customers like you behind, and I wouldn't be surprised if you weren't the first one. Another sign: did he show you the Before and After pictures of previous customers, usually this is the first thing you want to see. And last but not least, were you on your own with him, or did he have other customers there being attended to by other hairdressers. So my point is: watch out for the signs! There are ways to know who is a fake and who is a professional and honest hard working individual, with ethics and enough conscious so as not to destroy someone's hair. A woman's hair is one (if not the) best asset. This goes with Plastic/Cosmetic Surgeons who are quite unknown, inexperienced, more affordable, and hungry for business. Later on, you wonder why you had surgery at all, since you were better off without it. This world will eat you alive if you don't watch out for the signs ahead of time, ask tons of questions, don't take anyone for granted, it's your body, your money, your life, if you can't protect yourself from these monsters out there, who will. Nobody.
<br>Thank god hair grows back, you live and learn, but if it had been a nose job you would be really stuck. I bet your hair is just unruly (like mine) but there are healthy cheap ways to obtain great hairdos without the chemicals and the expense. The Internet is a great source of information. Read, browse, and compare, ask questions and always get a second opinion!!! Bring a friend, she might spot something odd if you don't. I live near the beach in Florida, 200% humidity, it's awful, BUT I have options with my thick unruly hair, I use gloss, I don't blow dry my hair, I use silk hair nets at night, I stay away from the humidity if I can, and I put my hair up a lot, I iron it so the front is always respectable. These options in terms of cost are a huge fraction of hair salon treatment, that way I can swim in the ocean whenever I want to, and most important of all, I don't have to look like everybody else :)
<br>S in Florida

Maryann1804's Response to buffanisa's Review

Written on: 15/12/2004

It is a shame that you girls did not have excellent results from this procedure. Please do not doubt the fantastic results that can be achieved when having ONLY a PROFESSIONAL do this type of service. I have had it done and have had wonderful results. I am very, very happy with my hair. I will say now, after four mmonths of having it done, I do have regrowth that has to be touched up. I am not willing to have it done, as of yet. It is an expensive procedure as well. In the meantime after blowdrying, I run a flat iron through it to get the wave out of the roots. My hair is silky, straight, and FRIZZ free. Not an ounce of frizz. Yes, it stays that way even in the most humid weather. My hair will stay straight until I wash it. I had thick, curly, frizzy hair. Not anymore. This could be a wonderful experience if done correctly. I would go back to the salon where you had it done and tell them you are not happy with the results and demand that they compensate you in some way. But do not wait to complain or they will find every excuse under the sun to say it is not their fault. I know this from experience because my first thermal reconditioning experiance was a nightmare!!! Do your homework and find someone that knows what they are doing!!!

Dubey's Response to buffanisa's Review

Written on: 28/11/2004

I totally agree, I spent the same amount of money, I had the prettiest light round curls, I am Indian my hair is thick, strong and heavy, I used to get my hair blow dried straight and it used to look awesome, I thought why not go for the permanent straight look, It was my biggest mistake, please please don’t ever do it, my hair became so frizzzzy. It has been 3 months now, my hair breaks and I am just trying everything I can to save my hair. Please don’t ever try it

173292_Witlidvl64's Response to buffanisa's Review

Written on: 08/10/2004

I sooo disagreee with you. I did the same thing, only I didn't use this hair treatment and my hair turned out so silky and smooth and not frizzy. I would so recomend this.