Sony Ericsson P900 Review

• Reception

• Style

PhilHarris68's review of Sony Ericsson P900

Sony Ericsson P900

“I am not worthy. The Sony Ericsson P900 phone has...”

Written on: 22/07/2004 by PhilHarris68 (1 review written)

Screen, features, games, style, ease to use.

Price, Power button location takes some getting used to.

General Comments
I am not worthy. The Sony Ericsson P900 phone has everything you could ever want. I'm only 17 but blooming hell I don't think that I will be getting rid of this for sometime yet (or until there is a newer version released to the general public.)

Like most teenagers I use MSN messenger a lot, guess what? You can have it on ya phone and it works perfectly.

I'm also a big games player. Guess what? This has Doom, Pac-man, Mario, Sonic, Space Invaders, Wall Breaker, Outrun, V-Rally and lots lots more all available to download to your phone to play on your way home.

I can surf the full world wide web using its built in html browser. or failing that you can use the ever ready GPRS or WAP settings.

Video capture and messaging, are not supported on most networks unfortunately but I was able to put in my mum's Orange sim card and I could send my video clips to my mum's new Nokia 6600 which was using a spare Pay as you go Orange sim card.

It was a god send as I decided one day to take my girlfriend shopping around London. Not only did it for some reason get the people behind the desk to take me more seriously (it has the same sort of effect as driving a jaguar s-type into a Honda dealership and saying that you want to buy a car), but due to the fact that I had downloaded the entire map of London, it guided me back to train station when we got lost. I cannot praise it enough.

It also features the email feature so you can download all your emails whilst on the move. This thing also opens up all your attachments that may be included. It has the ability to open all Microsoft word and Microsoft word files as well.

It has built in memory of 16mb but I have also installed an extra 128mb duo stick which cost £30. A 32mb duo card was included in the box.

The computer connectivity is second to none. I can download a shed load of programs, files to the phone in a matter of seconds. All the necessary equipment is included in the box when you buy it. You can use Bluetooth, data cable or infra-red to connect to the computer.

The touch screen is such a pose. It's fabulous when you pop out the stylus and start to literally write your messages out with the touch screen and stylus. Take that button tappers!!!

I don't think I could be without this phone.

The only bad points is that it cost me £525 to get on Pay as you go and the power button is located on the left hand side of the phone.

If your company offers to buy you any phone or you are looking to get a phone on contract, BUY THIS PHONE!!!!!!! YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT UNLESS YOU BREAK IT, AT WHICH POINT YOU WILL BE HEARTBROKEN UNTIL IT'S REPAIRED!!!!!!!!!

• Battery Life

• Reception

• Style

Jonno's Response to 163229_PhilHarris68's Review

Written on: 23/08/2004

Hey PhilHarris68 im also a teen p900 owner and I agree with all your comments, I think this phone will last me some time. I'd just like to ask you where you can get MSN messenger and some of the games that you mentioned for your p900. I've downloaded V-Rally, but as you might know its really hard to play with a stylus. Apart from Chess and Solitaire, thats the only game I have. I've also downloaded loads of programs for the P900 with the Sync Station and I was wondering if you have found any other sites where there are a more extensive range of programs.
<br>
<br>Any advice would be appreciated,
<br>Thanxs, Jonno