Toad Ai606 Thatcham Category I Alarm system Review

suprama61's review of Toad Ai606 Thatcham Category I Alarm system

“I fitted this Toad Ai606 Thatcham Category I Car Alarm...”

Written on: 22/07/2004 by suprama61 (1 review written)

Easy to use, no complicated reset proceedures.

Easily locks you out of the car!

General Comments
I fitted this Toad Ai606 Thatcham Category I Car Alarm system to my Toyota Supra and it has performed very well since. I have had NO false alarms.

The only thing that is a concern is that if you start the car and jump back out and close the door behind you, the alarm locks the car doors within 10 seconds.

So you could find yourself locked out of your running car as the valet company did despite me warning them. If you have the 2nd remote easily available you can get sraight back in, but of no help if you are stuck in the carpark miles from home.

B0Bby's Response to suprama61's Review

Written on: 30/11/2005

You need to programme the door lock feature.
<br>It explains how to do this in the manual, as there are a few settings you can have it on.
<br>:) It works fine on mine.

Guest's Response to suprama61's Review

Written on: 04/08/2011

Pin my tail and call me a dnoeky, that really helped.

G9Chew2's Response to suprama61's Review

Written on: 17/12/2007

If the alarm was fitted properly this problem would not be the case!!

Mystik Journeyman's Response to suprama61's Review

Written on: 11/10/2006

This reviewer must have had their system wired incorrectly. As it states in the manual, the auto-door-lock function is disabled if a door opens, preventing the owner being locked out. It works correctly on mine.