Nokia 9210 Review

• Reception

• Style

Ian.'s review of Nokia 9210

Nokia 9210

“I am lucky enough to have tried them all Jornada 928...”

Written on: 17/10/2002 by Ian. (1 review written)

Reliable, well integrated, good software.

No gprs, usb, mp3/stereo.

General Comments
I am lucky enough to have tried them all Jornada 928 (fragile and buggy software), Ipaq 3850 with GPRS/GSM sleeve (disaster, crashed all the time), Handspring Treo (surprised me, but terrible battery), 9210 (flaky software in early versions), 9110 (good). There is only one which truly works, it does what it says on the box. The Nokia 9210i. Battery life is measured in days rather than hours. Software implemented well, and works as exepcted. (One of the gadgets above only showed the number of the person messaging you (SMS) not their name, how dumb is that!!! I have a cantact database running to 300 mobile numbers it is such a pain searching for the name of the person from the last three digits of their fone number). The units size and weight are acceptable, just. I can receive a fax in my pocket!! NONE of the others offer this functionality. And the price is reasonable in the UK off contract (no SIM). If you've looked at the others, stop and go and look at the 9210i again.

I am not an employee of Nokia either.

• Battery Life