Bosch AHS 7000 Pro T Electric Hedge Cutter Review

musgrave's review of Bosch AHS 7000 Pro T Electric Hedge Cutter

Bosch AHS 7000 Pro T Electric Hedge Cutter

“On my 7000 PRO Hefgecutter, the blades were badly worn...”

Written on: 18/07/2004 by musgrave (1 review written)

This is a top of the range cutter and my 7000 PRO did what you would expect - for the first hour of use..then the problems started.

General Comments
On my 7000 PRO Hefgecutter, the blades were badly worn after 1 hour's use (despite frequent lubrication). Bosch replaced the blades - so presumably they admit the blades were worn. Then after another ten minutes use the blades wore again and the entire blade / cutter arm came detatched from motor housing! Just for comparison, I have a 20 year old Black and Decker trimmer which has probably done a hundred hours and the blades are nowhere near as worn!
If the cutter I bought is anything to go by, the 7000 PRO is a disaster.

Jhfc's Response to musgrave's Review

Written on: 08/08/2010

Thanks for your review. Having suffered two purchasing disasters with other makes of hedge trimmer I was looking at this particular model, thinking that it would actually work properly.
<br/>
<br/>I won't bother wasting my money on this, so thanks again for saving me a lot of trouble.
<br/>
<br/>It's interesting that you mention your old Black & Decker hedge trimmer, because my old one (ten years old) had no problem with my hedges for all that time. I only threw it away because the electrical contacts kept breaking and I had to keep dismantling it to re-solder them.
<br/>
<br/>If I had known that modern hedge trimmers were so unfit for purpose I would have persevered with my old one.