Air Arms 410E Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

ragkar's review of Air Arms 410E

“I've had my 410e for about a year now and I've shot...”

Written on: 18/07/2004 by ragkar (1 review written)

Reliable, very accurate multishot
Moderate weight and good fit
Attractive

High cost of accessories especially magazines
The need to buy tanks, pumps, quality scopes
and mounts. If you elect to use a tank you have to find someone to fill it.

General Comments
I've had my 410e for about a year now and I've shot perhaps 5000 pellets through it. It just keeps getting better and better. Right now I'm averaging .310 inch error over 25 shots at 38 yards and I expect that to improve as I get a quality bench and bench rest. I like the ability to improve my accuracy with more attention to detail.

The gun has the Pomona power mod but I am so pleased with the chrony results that I haven't touched it.

I've done extensive pressure fill testing using JSB .177 4.52mm 8.4gr pellets with the following results:

3000psi fill yields 76 shots at 1017fps +/-32 fps

2900psi fill yields 46 shots at 1024fps +/-16 fps

2800psi fill yields 38 shots at 1026fps +/-13 fps

2700psi fill yields 22 shots at 1030fps +/- 4 fps

With the current accuracy I'm deadly to rodents (I have a pest problem) between 18 and 50 yards.

I've had no magazine problems (I have 5); baffle blowout, o-ring blowout or any other problems.

Before I bought a CF tank I made sure that I had someone lined up to fill it to 4500 psi. With the 88cu ft tank that yields about 46 airgun fills to 2900psi and 50 shots per fill.

• Accuracy

• Handling

Pipesmoker's Response to ragkar's Review

Written on: 08/12/2004

Does anyone know someone who owned AA 410 and HW100? I really hope someone can make a comparison between these two.

Billtwo's Response to ragkar's Review

Written on: 24/08/2008

I found this review helpful because... The number of fills with said size tank.

Zipolv's Response to ragkar's Review

Written on: 12/05/2007

hi, has any one bought stuff from www.westarms.com brfore, I want to buy an airgun from them , but not so sure about their service, thanks

282763_Dafont's Response to ragkar's Review

Written on: 21/03/2007

Thanks for this great review and your research to generate the info.
<br/>DAF

Ragkar's Response to ragkar's Review

Written on: 03/01/2006

On the 410e, which is essentially the same as the classic, you need to cock it on the initial fill from 0 psi in order to overcome the spring pressure. Otherwise the gun's air chamber just won't fill. There is no seal problem here.
After the gun is filled you must be very careful to have a magazine in the gun if you dry fire it. Otherwise you might blow the o-ring. Replacement o-rings are about 15cents each from mcmaster.com It's not difficult to get the salespeople to throw in a few free o-rings with your purchase.
Budget on spending $200-400 for a quality scope and rings. I recommend the Bushnell legend or 4200 elite series and BKL rings.

218960_Clackaberry's Response to ragkar's Review

Written on: 29/11/2005

when you fill your s410 classic what happens if you don't cock it before you fill it up does it do anything to the seals

Chatty's Response to ragkar's Review

Written on: 23/11/2005

my friend has a s410 and can hit a pellet hole up to forty yards with 10 shots using super h points .what is the best pellet you prefer in your s410