Sharp GX30 Review

• Reception

• Style

stevotarantino's review of Sharp GX30

Sharp GX30

“I bought this phone after reading a reviews on the...”

Written on: 07/07/2004 by stevotarantino (1 review written)

Incredible Camera
Bluetooth?

Standard Head-phones don't work
Jerky Camera/Video
Bluetooth?

General Comments
I bought this phone after reading a reviews on the internet, and boy were they right in saying that the Sharp GX30 is an incredible phone.

I bought my GX30 for £250 off eBay, brand new and unlocked, and I think it's the bargain of the century. My previous mobile was a Motorola V500, yep, it's a nice phone, however it was heavy, did not have memory expansion, didn't have an mp3 player, nor did it have a good camera. In fact, the camera on it was terrible.

However, me being a keen photographer, I just had to get the GX30 after hearing it had a 1 Mega Pixel Camera. This is nothing compared to a digital camera, however it's a leap in phone photography.

Anyway, after taking a few photos I was just amazed at how good the quality was, and the phone even has a macro button for close ups, and it actually works to perfection. Pure quality.

The phone is also SD Memory expandable, so I stuck my 256MB Card in full of MP3s, and they all worked to perfection. Sound quality was great, through earphones, and loud speaker.

The phone also boasts a very impressive exterior screen, which is only small, however it has 65,000 colours in it, just like previous colour phones had on the interior screen. Incredible. I also forgot to mention, that the inside screen has also been upgraded to over 200,000 colours, which makes it looked sharper and cleaner than ever.

Anyway, I could brag about the phone for hours. So I will stop here. It has just to many features. However, however good the phone is, it ain't perfect. A small thing that irritates me, is the camera, yes its incredible and the best camera a phone has EVER had, but its still a bit juddery, and can't keep up with quick movements, the video recorder is also the same. However, it doesn't bother me much, as all my photos are mainly taken as still images.

The second problem is to do with the MP3 player. Yes it works amazingly, however the phone will not take standard head-phones, the socket is too big. The phone comes with a hands free kit, which means u can listen to your music in one ear, but not both. You will need to buy the headphone set from Sharp to use it properly.

Lastly, there's the Bluetooth. It only works for things like Bluetooth headsets etc, it doesn't allow you to transfer files, why? I don't know, it just doesn't. However, I don't use Bluetooth, and all you have to do to transfer files is to put the SD Memory card into a card reader, and hey presto, you can transfer you photos, videos, mp3s and other bits straight to your PC in seconds.

Anyway, the phones good points out do the bad points 10 times over. This is truely a remarkable phone. I would highly recommend this for its incredible features, it's way ahead of any other phone at the moment.

... StevoTarantino