Logik LCX27WN2 Review

• Image Quality

• Sound Quality

LK's review of Logik LCX27WN2

Logik LCX27WN2

“I spent several months surfing the net on sites like...”

Written on: 04/07/2004 by LK (1 review written)

Affordability, decent size, sharp picture, aesthetically pleasing.

Only one scart socket but this is easily resolved.

General Comments
I spent several months surfing the net on sites like this before purchasing my Logik LCX27WN2. Given that LCD television is still in it's infancy I opted for this reasonably priced set. Sure it's not the most well known brand in the world and it may not have the best reputation, however, it is affordable at £999, comes with the standard one year gaurantee which you can always extend towards the end of this period for 2 or 3 years.

I can honestly say that I am delighted with this set, it was easy to set-up, the picture is a pleasure, better even than some more expensive models which I considered purchasing. Widescreen and 27" is more than adequate.

Only one scart socket is a pain, but at £999 I'll get over it.

• Image Quality

• Sound Quality

• 1 - 6 Months

Time LCD Television Owned

Written on: 15/09/2004

I have also just purchased this model and concur with all that has been said.
<br>
<br>However the PIP function seems very limited ?
<br>
<br>Do this company have a website ?
<br>Regards
<br>Mark

286294_Pansumana's Response to LK's Review

Written on: 20/04/2007

Looking for replacement circuit board model no. v070-001

188218_Slack Bladder's Response to LK's Review

Written on: 07/04/2005

Just got my LCX27WN2, everything's good, improved sound by going via theatre sound. Price from Currys was good on special at around 575 pounds....bargain.

Tvman's Response to LK's Review

Written on: 21/03/2005

I have visited my local Curry's store and tested the display model. It looks great, good picture but I was concerned about the sound! When you go from mono to stereo the volume drops to almost nothing, the assisitant checked with their technical dept and apparently it is a known fault called nicam stereo drop out. They say the fault has been rectifed on all new models, At this price I'm going to buy one!

Written on: 07/02/2005

Has anyone worked out how the pip feature works yet?

Written on: 04/02/2005

You have to be very careful about which wall bracket it took me quite a while to research a suitable one.. I will post the details shortly.

Written on: 03/02/2005

Got my wall bracket off eBay £25.

Dippy41's Response to LK's Review

Written on: 02/02/2005

Where did you get your wall brkt, as I have just purchased one and want to wall mount...got it from curry's £689...Help !!!

Roopydoopy's Response to LK's Review

Written on: 15/01/2005

We bought our logik tv on 26th December from Currys. On the 27th of December, and countless times since, the screen has suddenly turned black! Currys replaced the set, with no difficulty. The installers didn't know when I asked them, but is it not possible for the set to recognise when a DVD player is loaded, and automatically change to AV? The engineer who called for the fault and had the set replaced said pin 8 on the scart signals DVD connection, but not all TVs recognise the signal!

Written on: 20/12/2004

Well done that could not have been easy !
<br>
<br>I have wall mounted mine and it looks cool ....Slight strange thing it makes a very unhealthly noise when you power off and on.. and I note it says in the skimpy booklet that comes with the TV that is should not be left in standby mode for long periods??

Written on: 19/12/2004

I got one, it's great I agree the pip funtion is a waste of time but I'm happy with it, I found this website which gives more info and is worth downloading the manual. http://westinghousedigital.com/support/downloads/uMan/uMan27.pdf

J Wilmott's Response to LK's Review

Written on: 26/10/2004

I have a problem with the picture on this TV there is a line down the centre of the screen, and the left side is darker than the right. Set purchased 1st July.