Logun Penetrator .22 16g Pellet Review

brooky301's review of Logun Penetrator .22 16g Pellet

“Having put these Logun Penetrator .22 16g Pellets...”

Written on: 24/06/2004 by brooky301 (4 reviews written)

A more penetrating flght with harder hitting capabilities and deeper penetration at impact.

From a hunting point of view they go through your quarry giving the intended kill more chance of limping off into the undergrowth. At £9 for a tub of 400 they are a bit expensive.

General Comments
Having put these Logun Penetrator .22 16g Pellets through both my Hw100 and my MFR I must admit I am impressed. As Logun have stated in their advertisments you do indeed get 40% more penetration and a better trajectory considering they weigh in at 16gr. On the down side you are likely to go right through your quarry when out hunting so best to aim for a head shot, a hit anywhere else and you are liable to loose your target which will cause needless agony and distress to anything that may get away.

I have found the pellets to be very accurate and am in no doubt would be good for target shooting as well as hunting.

Lhl's Response to brooky301's Review

Written on: 18/04/2005

I have used these pellets at ranges to 100 yards. At that range they retain more of there energy than I would believe and they are the most accuret pellets I have used. I think I could get groups of 1.5 inches.