Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Review

• Image Quality

• Battery Life

REByers's review of Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom

Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom

“I bought this Olympus C-8080WZ digital camera to...”

Written on: 21/06/2004 by REByers (2 reviews written)

Excellent Wide angle lens, very fast startup, Great Build quality, 'Real Camera' feel, and general all round goodness!!!

Only a 5X zoom, still learning about it

General Comments
I bought this Olympus C-8080WZ digital camera to replace my Canon S40 Powershot and to move up a gear in my photography (plus my daughter has started eventing horses seriously). So I needed a camera with a reasonable zoom, quick response and a good image in, mainly, outdoor conditions.

I had the good fortune of being able to play with a friends Canon D10, a few days before. I decided that as much as I liked the Digital SLR route, the all in 1 camera was (for now) for me.

I compared the 8080 with the Nikon 8700, and the startup time (1 second) just made the Nikon look as though it were standing still.

To compensate for the difference in zoom I have bought the Olympus 1.4X extender lens and this works great.

I have taken a few hundred photos in the 2 weeks since I've had it and generally the results are fantastic. The colour in the images is very accurate and the 8M pixel capture reveals so much detail.

I would firmly recommend this camera.

• Battery Life