Written on: 09/06/2004 by Aki14 (1 review written)
BIOS is easy to play around with, in fact too easy that some pros find it dang.
1. 3D games keep crashing back to desktop. (ASUS provided a BIOS update for this).
2. Would not actually install windows smoothly.
3. Too picky on RAM
4. Graphics would sometimes get crazy. (ASUS provided a BIOS update for this)
5. Many times the mouse is not detected after Windows boots up.
6. After less that 6 months the primary slot works crazy if it works at all; sometimes it detects only the HD and sometimes only the CD drive. at times none.
I returned my Asus A7V8X-X to the store, which I expect to have already returned the unit to ASUS for repair or replacement. The mobo is a big disappointment.
To see the point, a google search of the following will help (without the quotes): "a7v8x-x problem", "a7v8x-x crash back desktop"
As rated by our community of reviewers
" Another solid board by Asus. Supporting DDR3 and i7 the P6X58D-E br... " Read More
Written by Snakedoc
" The installation of the matsonic MS814C motherboard is quite straig... " Read More
Written by lkboop
" I use this motherboard with Intel core 2 quad and 2 GB of DDR2 Ram ... " Read More
Written by kmensh
" Great motherboard, rapid with the ability to SLI graphics card it c... " Read More
" In this price bracket the Elitegroup nForce4-A939 board is impressi... " Read More
Written by Tyger