Sony Ericsson T200 Review

• Reception

• Style

Rixter.'s review of Sony Ericsson T200

Sony Ericsson T200

“I'm not impressed with the Sony Ericsson T200 mobile...”

Written on: 27/09/2002 by Rixter. (1 review written)

Light, small.

Screen too small, buttons uncomfortable, menus are bulky, people I call reporting bad reception universally at their end, poorly-written manual (nowhere does it tell you first battery charge must be 24 hours). Very difficult to get the back off.

General Comments
I'm not impressed with the Sony Ericsson T200 mobile phone! After switching over from a Nokia 3390, I found Sony Ericsson's menu system awkward and difficult. Everyone I call says the transmission is cutting in and out all the time or there is static in the background. Buttons have no finesse. They have a bad feel to them, make a clicking/rattling sound that is unpleasant. Looked all through the manual and other literature supplied for instructions on intially charging the battery but found none (24 hour first charge btw). Nothing on this in the manual! I always have to fight to get the back off.

• Reception

• Style

48391_Jerry.'s Response to Rixter.'s Review

Written on: 05/11/2002

Why do you always need to keep taking the back off anyway???
Also, it is commonly known that all batteries should be charged for 12-24 hours before first use. I admit,it should be in the manual, but it's a well known fact!

116251_Matt.'s Response to Rixter.'s Review

Written on: 16/07/2003

I must say I'm pretty happy with this phone overall. It's relatively cheap for a handset that does WAP, it includes a headset. Sure the buttons aren't as good as most other phones I've used, but that's really minor compared to the overall feature set. The screen is clear, the background light the best I've seen so far, the recurrent vs. one time alarms are a nice addition. I would strongly recommend it unless you need BlueTooth.
<br>The reception seems to be the major issue. I could be the network (I'm on Fido) but I haven't had nearly as much problems with my old plain Nokia 5190.

110947_Tobias Radeskog.'s Response to Rixter.'s Review

Written on: 26/06/2003

I can't find that the first battery charge should be 12-24 hours anywhere. That the battery in the display is full should, in a layman's sense, mean that the battery is full and that the charging curcuitry has been cut off and thus the phone is ready to remove from the charger and use. If it really is as you all say (which I hardly believe) I wonder why they didn't put up an extra indicator which indicates trickle charge. Li-Ions are very tough batteries when it comes to charging, far as I know it, no memory effect and such, basically just an electric energy container.

75318_Nokiauser.'s Response to Rixter.'s Review

Written on: 24/02/2003

If you're with fido and your call drops out, it's not because of the phone it because fido have a very poor signal.

Ianman.'s Response to Rixter.'s Review

Written on: 10/01/2003

I agree on all points. My reception is really lacking. Actually I am having A LOT of problems. I can't seem to get a signal in many places where my old T18z works fine. ALSO, calls drop out while in the middle. I WANT A DIFFERENT PHONE. *calls fido*

56953_Kizza.'s Response to Rixter.'s Review

Written on: 10/12/2002

hey..i agree about the T200...it's a very sexy phone no doubt, but the buttons are terrible..I switched from a panasonic and I find the buttons cheap and stiff, especially the up button which requires a little extra effort..
not happy.
kizza.

55637_Jackal.'s Response to Rixter.'s Review

Written on: 04/12/2002

yap! This is what user have to do - move back step by step from a screen you do some setting to main menu.