Air Arms 410E Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

22Domer.'s review of Air Arms 410E

“The Air Arms 410E is my fourth PCP gun and by far my...”

Written on: 26/09/2002 by 22Domer. (1 review written)

High power for Kodiaks - 850 fps,
25 shots per charge,
light weight for capacity,
good balance,
big quick connect that won't wear out seals like FX or Falcon in the field and cause leaks,
smooth 10 shot magazines that will hold lead balls,
dealer tweaked trigger as condition of sale - it's great,
pressure guage,
screw on cap to protect fill port,
stock is the nicest I've seen,
rubber butt pad,
adjustable power (optional - should be stock),
Thumbhole stock is exceptional - I bought mine separately - it has an adjustable butt plate,
Built in shroud is very quiet - no mod needed,
Very inexpensive for a great repeater with shroud.
I paid $100 more to get a similar FX gun with the same features.

No safety,
can shoot an empty magazine,
can't cock/decock without chambering another pellet,
no open sights,
needs better documentation,
AA needs to include spare oring set for gun,
ALL AIRGUN MFG's NEED TO INCLUDE SPARE O-RINGS WITH GUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've heard of some minor quality issues from my dealer but have absolutely none on my gun so far.
Magazines need to be about $10 instead of $45.

General Comments
The Air Arms 410E is my fourth PCP gun and by far my favorite. It's my second PCP repeater and though I've paid a lot more for other guns (Daystate and Falcon) and the overall fit and finish might be a tad bit better the cost was much higher (cosmetics), I think the 410E is in a class all of its own with value and accuracy where the rubber meets the road. Accuracy is just as good and the weight and balance is very good for a high power gun in its class. I've read of it being fragile but not any more or less than any of the other PCP's - try dropping a scoped R1 or Daystate or Tarantuala or FN19 and then tell me if the POI changes. Been there done that. Don't drop/bang/knock any of your airguns! I put the optional adjustable power screw on my gun when I bought it and it cost $60 xtra and when I compared cost to all the other dealers (they were all about the same price) plus shipping it was almost a wash to get the mod with the gun cause Pomona is so much cheaper! Looks like many have figured this out already, wish they would do emails though. My neighbor just bought one and has some radial cracking issues with the clear plastic from the screw in the center but nothing really serious.

There are some improvements but the gun is the best out of the box and for the money in my humble opinion.

• Accuracy

• Handling

40063_Joe.'s Response to 39914_22Domer.'s Review

Written on: 26/09/2002

How much did you pay for the Thumbhole and where did you get it from? Is it an AA walnut stock?

55308_.22Domer.'s Response to 39914_22Domer.'s Review

Written on: 03/12/2002

Lepus1, I would do it. You are only paying $30 more in shipping for doing it later - it's a no brainer! I've read some other posts and have turned the power way down on lighter pellets and getting another 10-15 shots more per recharge it's well worth the price. I'm wondering why a mod this easy isn't done by all the other gun mfg!! DUH?

55307_.22Domer.'s Response to 39914_22Domer.'s Review

Written on: 03/12/2002

Just received my new Sightron 4-16x42 MilDot scope from Pomona for Christmas. Its going to replace my Bushnell Trophy 4-12x40 which has a loose reticle and spatter on the lens inside. What a sweet combination!

52101_Leadzeppelin.'s Response to 39914_22Domer.'s Review

Written on: 20/11/2002

.22Domer, do you recommend buying the walnut thumbhole? Is it worth the extra $150 Pomona wants for it and the wait? I bought my first one in Beech and I'm told they are all great stocks but not having seen one (waiting for my gun to arrive) it's all taking a leap of faith. My second will be for my wife and I want it to look extra purty!

48953_Lepus1.'s Response to 39914_22Domer.'s Review

Written on: 07/11/2002

.22Domer, is it going to be worth sending my non power adjustment .177 back to Cali and near $100 to get this mod done to my gun? My gun's not groupin lighter pellets all that well at full power but yesterday I noticed that when I shot the gun real low below 120 bar or so on the range the groups just tightened up with the lighter pellets. A light went off in my head and I thought I'd ask you if you're turnin the power down for accuracy on lighter pellets. Please let me know what you think about this. Also I won't make the same mistake twice. My next gun is going to be a .22 with the power adjustment from the dealer. I'm just waiting for them to come here through customs from England. Send me your shot/fill/velocity data too please!!
Lepus1

40502_22 Domer.'s Response to 39914_22Domer.'s Review

Written on: 29/09/2002

Joe, I bought the stock from a friend who converted a .177 410E to a serious FT gun and had a custom stock built and didn't need the walnut thumbhole anymore. I bought it for $200. I was told it would take forever to get this stock from AA and didn't want to wait or pay the huge tariff either. Airgun stocks are way overpriced compared to rimfire/centerfire ones.