Air Arms 410E Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

Jmmanuel.'s review of Air Arms 410E

“I bought this Air Arms 410E air gun long before...”

Written on: 25/09/2002 by Jmmanuel. (1 review written)

Accuracy, 10 shot mag, quiet shroud, nice fitting stock, smooth action, good adjustable trigger, moderate light weight, pressure guage, great value, optional adjustable powermod is a must when you buy the gun - see below.

Large, heavy, quick fill adapter - could have been smaller foster quick connects, heavy threaded caps that I leave off when hunting, no safety, lousey manual, magazines are very expensive. These are pretty minor beef's and more annoyances than anything. AA should have the adjustable power feature standard on all their guns.

General Comments
I bought this Air Arms 410E air gun long before reading these reviews and didn't get the power mod. After finding out about this I had to send in my gun and pay postage to and from to get this done. An extra $30 and lots of effort and waiting. Be sure and buy the power mod when you buy the gun. Don't let anyone talk you out of this like I did on the chat forums. It will cost you! I thought I would post my results on this gun which is about the same as what has been said before. I won't mention any vendor names but the one listed in the other posts as the cheapest source is the only one who does the mod. I wish the original dealer I bought this gun from would have told me about this. Problem is only one dealer does the mod and if you don't buy from him you'll never hear about it. Enough said.

• Accuracy

• Handling

4559_Jim.'s Response to 39863_Jmmanuel.'s Review

Written on: 29/09/2002

I forgot to ask the other guys who reviewed this gun with adjustable power what their results are with velocity and how many shots you are getting on a fill starting from 190 bar down to 150 bar on your pressure guage.
<br>Here are my numbers in .22 going from heavy pellets to lightest:
<br>I tried to keep all pellets around 900 fps based on 1/2 turn increments of the screw. Like another guy who posted on the FS board I turned the screw all the way in gently till it stopped and counted the numbers of turns out and measured by chrony till I got close to 900 fps.
<br>Kodiaks: 860 fps -> 26 shots 3.5-4 turns open
<br>CM's: 905 fps -> 27 shots 2 turns open
<br>JSB domes: 915 fps -> 30 shots 1.5 turns open
<br>CP's: 895 fps -> 40 shots 1 turn open
<br>FTS: 880 fps -> 43 shots .5 turn open
<br>My gun shoots FTS at 830 fps fully closed and Kodiaks at 860 wide open.
<br>
<br>I found that only slight elevation changes are needed on my scope at 30 yds when switching between these 4 pellets and these are the best groupers.
<br>
<br>Could you other fellas post your results too? I want to see how mine is doing.

56446_Jmmanuel.'s Response to 39863_Jmmanuel.'s Review

Written on: 07/12/2002

I've been shooting my 410E with the new power adjustment modification that Pomona did even though I didn't buy the gun from them. Steve also swapped my magazine from my cracked plastic cover for a new one. The results of shooting is very similar to what Jim has posted. I've found that I like changing pellets and testing different settings to find out how they group vs velocity etc. I took an Excel class and its fun to graph the results and know your rifles power curves and with different pellets and settings. I read several others post that they could have bought their guns with the power mod cheaper than from where they bought their guns without from other dealers and I have to confess that I did the same. I will not be making that same mistake again.

50231_Cattleman.'s Response to 39863_Jmmanuel.'s Review

Written on: 12/11/2002

Bought the 410E and am very happy with it. I've never heard about this power mod. What is it? and how does it work? I've read all the posts here and it looks like a good thing to have but I'm not sure if I still understand how it works. I shot my 410E every day since the end of June when it arrived. I've lost about 20 lbs pumping that damn thing 4-5 times a day and if it was anything else I'd be whinging up a storm for having to work so hard! It's great to see so many other owners of this gun. I can't wait till next spring! What started off as a farm tool to kill squirrels is now a hobby and since I'm retired I can shoot all I want to. I just wanted to say this site played a big part in my decision of what to buy and from whom! I'll be sure and be checking this site out for any new guns that I have to have!