Canon A1 Review

• Photograph Quality

jcollins30's review of Canon A1

“When my Canon A1 35mm SLR camera appeared to give up...”

Written on: 13/05/2004 by jcollins30 (2 reviews written)

Easy to use for the amateur but offers features suitable for pros, and great pictures

It stopped working properly after only 22 years of faultless use.

General Comments
When my Canon A1 35mm SLR camera appeared to give up the ghost I put it in a cupboard and forgot about it. That was 2 years ago. I recently got the photography bug again and started to scan the net for inspiration on what camera (digital I suppose) to buy. low and behold all this praise for the antique and humble A1!. Mine is now being serviced and I hope to carry on using it for a few more years with renewed enthusiasm.

• Over 1 Year

Time Camera Owned

• Photograph Quality

188987_Afjwa's Response to jcollins30's Review

Written on: 12/04/2005

I've always been sorry that mine was stolen and that I didn't replace it. My current Canon EOS A2E is a wonderful camera, but my old A1 was just great. You're lucky to have your A1!

Ieuanfawr's Response to jcollins30's Review

Written on: 17/05/2006

Nip over to central Liverpool - http://www.newton-ellis.co.uk/, Newton and Ellis, 29 Cheapside, Liverpool L2 2DY, Tel: 0151 236 1391.

Nickybloch's Response to jcollins30's Review

Written on: 11/08/2005

Help my Canon A1 needs repair!!
<br>I live in Northern Ireland. Anywhere in UK would be fine!
<br>Any ideas??