Chester Zoo Review

Roger L's review of Chester Zoo

“I went to Chester Zoo and was very impressed. I had...”

Written on: 29/04/2004 by Roger L (27 reviews written)

Some great animals, particularly the monkeys and frogs.

No Polar Bears.

General Comments
I went to Chester Zoo and was very impressed. I had the shred decision of going in the week so there weren't too many kids about and you could walk about in peace. It cost £13 to get in for an adult which, I suppose is fair, I think £1 went directly to help endangered elephants or something. The other prices weren't too bad either in the cafe or the shop, considering these places are normally a bit of a rip off.

Anyway, back to the animals. They had a wide selections of monkeys, which were quality we also highly enjoyed the meercats and the otters mad a truly unique noise. The reptile house was brilliant, it had loads of frogs and snakes. All the animals had plenty of room to walk about in and seemed pretty content.

On the down side I would have liked to have seen some other animals, but I think the zoo probably don't choose their animals on what will please the crowd most, which is probably a good thing. Also I'm not sure if it was just me but some of the animals didn't seem to be where they should be but they may well have just been hiding. A lot of the animals were quite lazy as well, happily sunning themselves, but I guess feeding them live prey in a public zoo is out of the question.

All in all we had a quality day and everyone else there from children to OAPs seemed to have a really good time and I even learnt some stuff a long the way.

Unknown15's Response to Roger L's Review

Written on: 08/11/2005

For fewer crowds visit on a rainy day. Have been going to the Zoo for years and it has improved dramatically. There are no polar bears as it is inhumane to limit them to zoos - they go mad!

Greentoastrack's Response to Roger L's Review

Written on: 27/10/2006

unknown15 is right, Polar Bears very easily go mad in captivity. However, I would not suggest visiting during rain. I would rather suggest visiting Chester Zoo in the low-season. There are less crowds then, and it's cheaper.