O2 XDA 2 Review

• Reception

• Style

Market Weighton Trading's review of O2 XDA 2

O2 XDA 2

“I am not going to bore you with all the technical...”

Written on: 28/04/2004 by Market Weighton Trading (1 review written)

Excellent touch screen, speed, PDA uses, sync with PC, memory, Video and music playback and camera!

Size, hard and time consuming to use as a phone, price, phone functions unreliable, and battery life. :-(

General Comments
I am not going to bore you with all the technical details of the O2 XDA 2 mobile phone, I am going to give you a personal, honest review. I have owned the phone around a month now, and was an upgrade to my Orange SPV. I transfered to O2, which I personaly think was an unwise move, but the cheapest. Orange are a lot more professinal, offer cheaper and better services, fast service, and excellent support, and after what have been an hour listening to music trying to get through to O2, I regret moving. However, good news, Orange are bringing out the XDA II which I strongly recommend rather than O2.

Anyway, enough about that,I bought the phone from the Internet for a very good price of £140 on the O2 200 + 50 texts tarrif at £30pm. My first impressions from opening the box was great! I charged it up and syncranised it up with my PC. I browsed the endless, but very easy to use applications, which is when I really started to enjoy the PDA use of it. Standardly installed are many popualar applications such as IA Album and Photo contacts, Pocket word, excel and powerpoint, Acrobat viewer, file explorer, and the very addictive jawbreaker game. I then installed many programs I bought on a DVD of ebay for £10 (well worth it!) and now I have over 10 games including age of empires and rayman, tv remote and many more!

I was very impressed with the very large inbuilt 128mb of memory which is more than enough for programes, pictures, and documents, but I purchased, again from ebay (ive got an addiction) a 512mb SD card which currently holds over 100mp3s and the whole Matrix Reloaded Film!! Great! but then I needed to make a phone call, and this is where my excitement died :-(

It took me 5 minutes to find the number I wanted to call and call it, and then it started bleeping and turned off. 4 weeks later I have got used to the phone function, but I am still not impressed at all in how complex it is, however the PDA uses more than make up for it.

That was my quick, personal review for all you out there who are interested, and if you are wondering weather to get one I would. It is well worth the money, and you, and your friends will be amazed in what it can do!

• Battery Life

• Reception

• Style

Bobdibest's Response to Market Weighton Trading's Review

Written on: 10/06/2004

making calls is easy, just press the contact button search for the number and press green or press green and dial the number from the phone pad that comes up
<br>
<br>easy

Gerrards's Response to Market Weighton Trading's Review

Written on: 03/06/2005

I also am ambivalent about the XDA II as a phone. Perhaps I have a particular fault but I find it prone to locking up after calls. Coming to it from a Treo 600 (great PDA, lousy call quality) I had higher hopes than were fulfilled and the battery life is pathetic compared with the 2-3 DAYS of the Treo, but I can still see much to admire in it - provided they can sort out the locking. I've had to reboot it more times than an Intel 386 running Windows 3!