Nokia 5110 Review

• Reception

• Style

FabioG's review of Nokia 5110

Nokia 5110

“I really don't understand why so many people waste...”

Written on: 26/04/2004 by FabioG (1 review written)

Cheap, virtually indestructible, battery will last a good two-three days on standby, and, I reiterate: this phone can really take a beating.

After almost four years of intensive usage, the battery is beginning to show its first signs of decay. And of course there's the whole size issue.. I get the occasional "where did you steal that phone box from" or "is that thing coal powered" comment, but you know they're just jealous.

General Comments
I really don't understand why so many people waste half a month's wage worth of money in these new super mobile phones. Ok, so the Nokia 5110 won't take pictures, record short movie clips, record sounds, serve as a remote controller for your tv set, and bring you coffee.

So what? It's as tough and durable as they come, I've had this mobile phone for four years now. Four years. Most things I own never last me more than two years at best. It's seen the skies of six different countries, fallen from countless pockets onto countless different floors (even under a train! Ok, so the train wasn't moving, but there you go), and look at it, it's still there doing its job impeccably. Allows me to make and receive calls, send and receive text messages, play games, it's got a built in calculator, an ever so useful alarm clock, what more could I want from a mobile phone?

The day I'll wish to have a portable communication and multimedia editing station to carry around with me at all times, I'll buy a laptop. Until that day, my good ol' Nokia 5110 will remain my most reliable and trusted travel companion.

• Battery Life