Remoska Electric Mini Review

• Style

• Service & Support

Suzal's review of Remoska Electric Mini

Remoska Electric Mini

“The Remoska is an electric mini-oven from...”

Written on: 26/04/2004 by Suzal (1 review written)

This mini-oven is very economical (450watts). The pan is lined with Teflon and very easy to clean. Easy to follow recipes.

The lid gets very hot. So you have to be careful not to touch it.

General Comments
The Remoska is an electric mini-oven from Czechoslovakia which has been going since just after World War 2. It is an electric oven with a lid. (The lid does all the cooking).

As well as the lid, the Remoska consists of a Teflon-lined pan and a stand. It comes in two sizes, Standard, used for 3-4 people, and the Grand, used for 6-8 people. You can also purchase a shallow pan which is used for toasted sandwiches, etc. It is not a slow cooker. Anything you cook in your oven you can use a Remoska. It can be used for heating food or defrosting. You can roast, braise, casserole, fry and bake. In fact you could prepare a whole meal for the family (in the larger pan).

I have made a traditional English breakfast in the pan without the spitting. I used less fat and, best of all, hardly any cleaning.

Roast potatoes need par-boiling first but then you put them in the Remoska, drizzle a little oil over them and it takes about 45 minutes to roast. Prepared meals in foil can be placed directly into the pan for reheating.

Pizzas up to 8" diameter can be cooked from frozen or fresh.

Toasted sandwiches cooked quickly.

I have made several dishes in this pan and I must say when I roasted a chicken it was perfect. It was so moist.

This oven is ideal for small flats, caravans, motorcaravan, and boats as well as home.

The Remoska can only be purchased from Lakeland Limited in the UK. Price Standard size £69.99 and Large size £89.99. Shallow pan extra.

• 1 - 6 months

Owned Product For:

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Hazleton's Response to Suzal's Review

Written on: 09/08/2008

I wish to purchase a Emoska Electric Cooker. Lakeland tells me they are not allowed to ship to the United States. Does anyone know how a person in the United States can purchase the Emoska Electric Cooker? Your help is appreciated.

Guest's Response to Suzal's Review

Written on: 26/07/2011

Well, I've had mine for over TWENTY YEARS would you believe! I purchased it when I was living aboard my narrow boat (only 50'OAL)so everythin had to be 'slimmed down' - including items in the tiny galley!I also had a 2 ring calor gas hob, so the Remoska was the perfect compact companion for this.The other factor was electricity - particularly when cruising. I had a small generator (500W)powered from the boat's engine which was fine for lights etc.but very limited for things such as cookers, so the Remoska (450W)was just about right. I cooked EVERYTHING in it - from toast to the Sunday roast! Later I moved on to a Dutch Barge (which was like moving into Buck House from a garden shed!)- but my faithful Remoska came with me as the 'second' cooker (but in reality often became the 'first' unless I was entertaining!)I'd also 'graduated' to a more powerful generator (2.5 KW)and deliberately portable, so I could cook on the huge open deckwith a BBQ and the remoska to start off the 'production line' of roast spuds!
Now I'm a landlubber, but still have the yen for travelling so have an old VW campervan - and guess what? the Remoska is tucked away in one of the cupboards! No generator this time, but a 500W inverter which runs off the leisure battery when I'm away from a mains plug-in. One warning though for all you DIY folk - DON'T attempt to dismantle it if it goes wrong! (The handle became a bit loose a few months ago so I thought "Dead easy- just a self-threading screw tht had worked loose-10 min job at most" Trouble was I had to unscrew the inner part of the lid to get to it...The whole thing sort of 'exploded'and ten days later I was still trying to fit it all back together again! Incidentally, the 'innards' are quite frightening from an electrical safety point of view - Lord knows how it got through the EEC and British standards! The heating 'element' is in fact a 'necklace'of tiny ceramic beads, strung along a line of bare thin wire (like the old fashioned 15 amp fuse wire!)This 'necklace' is wedged between a 'sandwich'of a circle of thick cooking foil and another circle of Aluminium. The 2 loose ends of the 'necklace' are threaded into the switch of the handle - with that elusive grub screw underneath it! BUT IT WORKS!(And is continuing to do so - cooked my Cornish pastie in it this evening!)Not bad for over two decades of continious use, so two fingers to EEC and the British Standards jobsworthys!