Webley Patriot Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

kwkeltner's review of Webley Patriot

“I find the Webley Patriot has tremendous power as much...”

Written on: 18/04/2004 by kwkeltner (1 review written)

Heavy and good appearance with its features

I have had almost every bolt sheared from the recoil and had them replaced by the dealer. The rear sight has now come apart and has never worked properly. I am familar with keeping all the screw and bolts tight, however everything seems to come apart on the Webley .25 Caliber Patriot that I purchased. The scope mounts were useless, I purchased two scope made for this gun and none of them would stay affixed in place with the violent recoil of the gun.

General Comments
I find the Webley Patriot has tremendous power as much as anyone would need for a pellet gun. I spent hours and hours (days into weeks) and did not find the pellet that would come out with consistent accuracy with the rifle. I tried match pellets and six other different makes and vaireties but could not get the gun to be consistent with accuracy. I used a pellet rounder to try to add consistency to the pellets - it did not help. I am quite disappointed with the rifle, to have spent so much to have it fall apart, with nearly all the bolts to shear off and the fixed sights never to have adjusted properly from the beginning. No scopes would stay afixed to the dove tail scope mounts, they appeared to be just too shallow to be effective. I am looking for another maker for a rifle that does not fall apart.

• Accuracy

• Handling

Thobern's Response to 151950_kwkeltner's Review

Written on: 29/09/2004

Webley is having its guns made in china with cheap cpmponents. I had a nimbus the sheared within a tin of pellets.

Rhino3007002's Response to 151950_kwkeltner's Review

Written on: 30/09/2004

Why not send it to venom for them to sort it out for you they are excellent with customer service and would be able to smooth out the recoil and deepen the scope rail seat. Let me know how you get on best of luck Paul / rhino3007@aol.com