Mars Maltesers Review

kalamazoo's review of Mars Maltesers

Mars Maltesers

“Chocoholics need no excuse to reach for the chocolate,...”

Written on: 17/04/2004 by kalamazoo (9 reviews written)

Velvety taste
Great to suck on

Calories
Tend to be pricey

General Comments
Chocoholics need no excuse to reach for the chocolate, however, in the interests of pleasing my friends at Review Centre, I thought I'd convince myself that munching a bag of Maltesers was truly necessary to bring you a convincing argument to go out and get a bag for yourself, cos you ain't sharing mine, so nerrrrrrrrrr

M Melts in your mouth not in your hand

A Appetising

L Lots of them

T Tasty

E Easily eaten

S Sweet

E Erotic

R Reasonably priced

S Selfishly kept to myself

These little chocolate balls of honeycomb have been around since 1936 and are still going strong, coming sixth in a top ten of UK sweets, not bad for a tiny ball of plenty! And it's true what the adverts say, they certainly melt in your mouth and not in your hand! They've gone from strength to strength and can be found in bags and boxes!

You cannot fail not to notice these delightful bags! The red wrapping stands out a mile with Maltesers emblazed in white!

So are you a cruncher or a sucker? Well it will probably come as no surprise to you that I'm a sucker and I like to suck two balls at once! The dreamy chocolate melts in your mouth along with the honeycomb, delicious! They've even made Maltesers ice cream and hot chocolate, such is its popularity!

Bags and boxes of Maltesers are available in all good sweetie shops and supermarkets - These prices are from Tesco

37 gram bag @ 33p

175 gram bag @ £1.24

146 gram box @ £1.24

275 gram box @ £1.98

400 gram box @ £2.84

As always you pay extra for the packaging, although the box looks nicer you pay extra for it!

Well I opted for the 37 gram bag, waves them in front of you to tease and tantalize you, there are 18 balls inside, so that's nine mouthfuls.

The chocolate hits your tongue as the juices get going! MMMMMMM, delicious, despite the company name changing, the Maltesers haven't changed. Made now by Masterfoods UK.

Oh yeah, you can even find these little devils in selection boxes and in boxes and tins of celebrations!

One thing that did strike me as odd, looking at the ingredients, it's all displayed out in a multitude of languages, alas English is not first! And another thing, they've dispensed with the calorie/nutrients quota, but don't be fooled, they may be light and small but they're still loaded with calories, but a 37 gram bag won't spoil your appetite providing you just have ONE bag ;0)

They are lovely and light so won't ruin your appetite! Oh and this little piggy harmed all eighteen maltesers whilst creating this review, SORRY!

Happy sucking!

Bertie's Response to kalamazoo's Review

Written on: 27/06/2004

"These little chocolate balls of honeycomb have been around since 1936"
<br>
<br>kalamazoo....I simply have to congratulate you on your lovely review - it was a joy to read. I wonder if you ever worked in an office because a firm I once worked for had a Kalamazoo filing system.
<br>
<br>I clearly remember my introduction to Maltesers. It was in 1939 - I was 6 years old and on an extended school break as war had just broken out. I had been given a silver threepenny bit (a fortune for me then) and spent it on a bag of Maltesers in the village shop.
<br>
<br>Nothing like 'em - absolutely unique!

Bertie's Response to kalamazoo's Review

Written on: 16/11/2005

Hi to you Dgatehouse.
<br>
<br>I wonder if your Whopper ball was what made the Maltese cross.
<br>
<br>( OK, I'll get my coat!).

214221_Dgatehouse's Response to kalamazoo's Review

Written on: 18/10/2005

Hi from Canada. I remember when Maltesers were called maltese over here. I assume they are the same candy as the taste is the same.
<br>
<br>We also get a Whopper ball as well. They can't copmare to the Malteser.
<br>
<br>Back in the 70's, the Maltese came in a little blue box with a celophane type window down the side of the box. Anyone remember that? Was it a North American Confection only?
<br>
<br>I would love to know more info on this delicious little ball!!