Minolta X-700 Review

• Photograph Quality

Cory.'s review of Minolta X-700

☆☆☆☆☆

“I don't know too much about cameras and when I got my

Written on: 12/09/2002 by Cory. (1 review written)

I don't know too much about cameras and when I got my Minolta X-700 35mm SLR camera I was very happy with it for about a year. I went on vacation and came back with negatives that were half exposed. It turns out that the shutter magnets went and once that happens you can get it fixed but it will keep happening every six months or so for the rest of your camera's life.

50831_Jonnyo.'s Response to 37439_Cory.'s Review

Written on: 14/11/2002

I have had my camera for 2 years and have had no malfunctions whatsoever, save my own incompetence

Verytallguy's Response to 37439_Cory.'s Review

Written on: 30/07/2004

I bought my X-700 when it first came out on the market in 1985(?) it is still in constant use today...19 years later. I have a digital camera, that is good for snap shots, but the quality photos still come from the X-700.

105990_Robby.'s Response to 37439_Cory.'s Review

Written on: 10/06/2003

Actually, I'm not surprised you had trouble with this camera. Minolta has one of the poorest reliablity records of all the camera brands and the X-700 is one of the worst cameras for malfunctions ever made. Minolta eventually stopped making them just so they wouldn't have to deal with the warranty returns (or have to keep making parts. A real dog of a camera!

Rgrames.'s Response to 37439_Cory.'s Review

Written on: 21/12/2002

I suspect the person who told you that really wanted to sell you a new camera. I have used Minolta cameras for over 25 years. The X-700 is the best. It has been rock solid for 15 years needing only occasional cleaning. Even the black coating on the body has held up well. Sorry you got talked out of a great camera.